Nevermore

Mirror, mirror on the wall... where the hell am I?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Shelby's POV

His name still haunts me, and I have no idea why. His name isn't mentioned in any history books or spell books, so if he exists he's not exactly important to Ezmeralda.

Setting the books aside, I kept meditating hoping the answer would come to me. Then the klaxon went off, and Robin was pounding on my door.

"I know Robin!" I said when I opened the door. He was about to knock again, but since I had opened it, he had missed.

We all headed out, waiting for this villain in the darkness of the streets. It wasn't hard, his hands were glowing much like Starfire's.

"Your pathetic skills can't outmatch the brilliance of Dr. Light." He said, then he blasted us.

"Your fast." He said to Robin. "But I doubt you'll enjoy moving at the speed of light!" Then he blasted Robin sending him flying.

Beast Boy went after him next in the shape of a wolf. "A wolf can't attack when he's blind as a bat." Dr. Light said, throwing balls of light at him.

He put Starfire and I in some kind of cage, and no matter what we did we couldn't break free. Then Cyborg went after him with a part of a car axle. "Watch it lightweight cause things are about to get heavy!" Cyborg said to him.

He trapped Cyborg in cement then said, "So if nobody minds I'll be taking the gold."

"I mind." Raven said. "Azarath Metri-" She said, but Dr. Light knocked her backwards.

"Bit of advice, find shorter magic words." Dr. Light told her. Then he shot her with light knocking her a good ten feet backwards.

"Don't come any closer." She warned him.

"What's the matter? Afraid of the light?" He asked, boastingly.

Then Raven let out a sort of growl and shot upwards into the sky. She had four red eyes and tentacle like things came out from under her cloak. Dr. Light screamed as the tentacles grabbed him.

"No!What are you--No! Stop! You win! I surrender!" He shouted at her, terrified.

"What's the matter? Afraid of the dark?" Raven asked tauntingly and in a strange demonic voice.

"Raven! Stop!" Robin yelled at her. This seemed to pull her out of her trance, and she released Dr. Light.

We all ran to Dr. Light who was now curled into a ball, absolutely terrified. "Its okay your going to be alright." Robin said to him.