Chapter 4

14th February 1965

Kathy sat on the bed in her room at home in Manchester. It had been two weeks since her dates with George. Since then he'd left for the Bahamas with the other Beatles to complete the filming for their movie which he'd told her was called 'Help!' In her hand was an air mail envelope, addressed to her in George's neat handwriting. This had been the second letter she had recieved from him since he'd been away. Smiling, she slid her fingers under the edge of the envelope and carefully ripped it open.

"My Dear Kathy, (she read)

        I hope this letter arrives on time for Valentine's Day because it means I have the perfect excuse to tell you that I'm missing you like mad. I so wish I could be there to talk to you in person. I'd hold you in my arms, kiss you like we did before I left then give you the Valentine's gift I bought for you yesterday. (She gasped in delight as she read that part. Thrilled that he had been so thoughtful. She turned her attention back to the rest of the letter.)

         I've re-read the wonderful little note you left in my suitcase so much so that the paper is tatty and falling apart! John and the others keep teasing me about you (in good fun) but I know they're all pleased I'm happy since I met you. Even Paul! They're all dying to meet you properly too. We'll have to arrange that as soon as we can. I know it depends on when I'm free and when your school holidays are but I'd love to show you off to the whole Beatle mob - the lads, wives, kids, even Eppy knows all about you!

        Once we get back from here, we've got three weeks off. I can't wait. I never knew filming was so tiring! I was intending to go up to Liverpool to see my family for a while. I've not seen them since before Christmas. Do you think you'd like to come up to Liverpool with me? You could stay at my parent's house with me. It would be strictly separate rooms and everything. Mum would be sure of that. I'm sure she'd even speak to your parents too if they aren't keen on the idea. I could collect you on my way up. I just think how wonderful it would be to spend time with just you. I'm really missing you Kathy love.

        Right, I'm going to sign off here. I don't want to Kathy but it's really late and Ringo's complaining  that I've still got the light on. He can't sleep unless it's completly dark! He keeps apologising because he knows I want to write to you but we've got a ridiculously early 6am filming start tomorrow. We'll have to be up at five to be ready to drive there.

         I can't wait until we fly home and I can see you again. I think I'm in love with you Kathryn Marshall.

                                All My Love

                                 George. xxx

She hugged the letter to her chest. He said he loved her! She knew she was grinning like a fool but she couldn't help it! She looked at the photo of them both together, taken just before he'd left. She picked it up and stroked his face.

"I'm missing you George." she whispered, "And I think I love you too!"