the journey back

The gang spent all morning pack up all their stuff and putting it on their dragons. The gang couldn't take everything though since their dragons could only carry so much. The amount of time to get back to berk will be half the time it took them to get here considering they were on a boat and now they are on a dragon. It should only take 1 day to get back. Everyone was down by the water waiting for Hiccup to come down from his house. He was just sitting on his empty bed staring at his empty room. The twins and Snotlout were starting to get impatient so Astrid went to go get him.

she walked inside his house and looked in every room until she found him sitting on his bed. 

"Hiccup? Are you coming?" she asked him

"Ya, just give me a few minutes" he replied. 

I'm that moment Astrid resized that their was something wrong with Hiccup. Either he was scared, worried, Astrid wasn't quite sure. 

"Hiccup you don't have to worry. What ever happens on berk, i'm in it with you." she re assured him.

Hiccup looked at her and smiled before getting up off his bed. He walked to every room and and had a good look in it before closing the door. Once all the doors on the inside of his house he walked outside and looked in at the dark hallway with all closed doors. He took a deep breath and one last glimpse before shutting the outside door. The last door. 

Hiccup and Astrid made their way down to the water were everyone was waiting for them. Astrid helped Hiccup put the last few thing on Toothless and then flew off. It would be a long journey back. 

(time skip 1 day)

The gang could see berk starting to show in the horizon. Hiccups stomach started to turn into a knot and he started to regret ever leaving his island.He wasn't ready to see his father again or the village. As they get closer to berk Hiccup starts to get more and more anxious. 

"Guys we should probably land down by the cove to avoid getting shot down since none of you have any experience on how to avoid that." Hiccup suggested. 

"Ya that's probably a good idea." Gobber suggested to him. 

They made their way around the perimeter of the island towards the cove. they made sure that they were out of eye shot of everyone on berk. It was still somewhat early in the morning so not very meany of the vikings were up so they had a better chance of not being seen. When they arrived at the cove and landed they left the dragons there and started to make their way down to the village to meet Stoick and tell them about their trip or should i say tell him about Hiccup and the wedding. But right before they walked into the forest Hiccup grabbed his helmet and put it on. It was a quiet walk their. They were almost at the village and Hiccup took Astrid's hand in his to make him feel a bit better. 

They got to the village and a couple of came over to say "welcome back" to the gang and some of them just ignored them and continued doing what they were doing. They all just continued wandering around the village (except for Gobber) until they saw Stoick come out of his house. They all stopped and looked at him not knowing what to expect his reaction to be seeing Astrid holding hands with a stranger. 

"Umm Astrid? Who is this man here, and why are you holding his hand?" Stoick asked worried.

"Well, when we were away I grew my love back for someone else I lost a long time ago." she explained to him.

"Well i'm sorry sweaty but you are marring Snotlout like you said you would."Stoick remarked.

"No shes not." Hiccup spoke up. 

The gang just stood their in awkwardness and watched everything unroll.

"I'm sorry but last time I checked, I was the chief around here." Stoick responded getting annoyed.

"Yes I know you are but I will be the chief soon. If I have to marry Astrid right now just to save her from marring Snotlout then that's what I will do. That will also just let me know that my father is the same person he was when I left. A father that still doesn't care about the people i love or  about me."

Hiccup lowered his head and pulled off his helmet with his messy hair draping down. There was a long silence between them. Stoick started to walk closer to him to give him a hug but hiccup turned around and walked away annoyed that his father would't let Astrid marry anyone else. Once Hiccup was gone Stoick started asking them about were they found him and what happened on the island they all went to. Everyone looked at Astrid for her to start talking.

"Okay. so what happened was when we first arrived at the island it was late so we just set up our tents and went right to sleep. Then in the morning I thought i saw Toothless in the bushes since he is the only night fury left in archipelago But then i thought i was crazy since Hiccup wasn't on this island. so...".

"Hold on. Who is Toothless?" Stoick questioned.

As soon as he said that Astrid knew she just made a huge mistake. Stoick didn't know about Toothless and especially didn't know...."he's Hiccups pet dragon!" Tuffnut blurted out. Astrid shot her head towards him with a death glare and a terrified look.

"Hiccup has a pet dragon!?" Stoick asked with bad mixed emotion.

"You mean my son, the one that is the one that is supposed to take over this village is befriending our arch enemies...dragons!? " He added.

Stoick started to storm off into the woods to fine Hiccup and Astrid knew this wasn't going to be good. She also rushed off into the forest a different way so the chief wouldn't see her. She was headed to the cove to warn Hiccup about what just happened and hoped that she would get to Hiccup before Stoick did. Who knows what Stoick will do to him.

_______________________________________________________________

Hope you guys liked this chapter. it was 1057 word long:) I tried to make it a bit of a plot twist and tried to make it something that you weren't expecting to happen. I hope this chapter wasn't too bad.