Changing Minds

Astrid POV

I was running as fast as I could to the cove. When I got there I saw just Hiccup and Toothless. I ran over to then and yelled "Hiccup get on Toothless and leave! you have to go! Your dad" I wasn't able to finish my sentence because Stoick arrived.
"Hiccup you don't even go near that dragon. Either you get rid of him or I will." He threatened Hiccup.
"I will never leave Toothless. And I will also never leave Astrid." Hiccup responded.
I could tell that Hiccup wanted to leave again but didn't want to leave me behind. I watched him get on Toothless and I whistled for Stormfly. I went over to her and got on.
"Dad if you want Toothless gone then we go with him. We are a team. Actually we're more like family. Un like you and me this family is not a family that's willing to split up. So you make a choice. Either we all stay or we leave for good." Hiccup said with confidence and starting to look like a chief.

"Hiccup you wont be going any were and neither with Astrid because both of you belong to me." Stoick said.

"I don't care if we are related by blood, you will never be a father to me." Hiccup replied. 

I could tell that that made Stoick mad and something bad was about to happen. And as usual I was right. 

"Hiccup and Astrid you are going to the dungeon for a day for trying to run away from berk." Stoick announced annoyed. 

He walked over to us and tied our hands behind our hands behind our back and lead us and our dragons back towards the village. 

"What are you going to do with our dragons?"Hiccup asked. 

"I'm putting them in the same place as you. and you should be grateful that's all i'm doing." Stoick remarked.

After that it was a quiet walk. I had a feeling Hiccup was thinking o fa plan on how to fix this. When we arrived at the dungeon Stoick just threw hiccup and I in there like we were nothing. 

"Hiccup. I'm sorry for giving away Toothless. I shouldn't have brought you back to berk with us." I said feeling sorry.

"No Astrid don't be sorry. I didn't have to come here but i did because i wanted to be with you. you didn't want to marry Snotlout and i'm going to make sure you don't. I have a plan and i will make it work. I'm going to change the minds of people on berk and make peace between the dragon and vikings but first we have to get out of here." Hiccup said re assuring me.

I went up behind him and undid his ropes and he did the same for me. Then he did this weird signal at Toothless in the cell across from us and he shot the cell bars and they broke open. we both ran over to our dragons and flew out of there we flew to the other side of the island so there wouldn't be anyone around. 

"Okay. So here's the plan. we are going to fly to the edge of the village and hover over the water. im pretty sure getting their attention wont be hard considering they have never seen vikings in dragons before. so once everyone and my dad is looking at us i will say a speech that will hopefully change the minds of everyone on berk." Hiccup said.

"That sounds like a great plan to me." I said to him with a smile. 

They both flew around the island towards the village and followed the plan we were hovering above the water and it definitely did grab everyone's attention.

"Now I know you all think dragons are these horrible beasts but their not. If they were so horrible then why would Toothless my dragon here let me be riding him right now. Ruff, Tuff, Gobber, Snotlout Fishlegs and Astrid all know what i mean because they saw what I did in these dragons and let me show them how to get along and earn their trust. And with that they were all able to raise dragon of their own. Dragons aren't that different from us. they only take our food because they have to feed their queen and if they didn't bring back food they would get eaten themselves. I got rid of that queen dragon and now the dragons here on berk are just here to live. they are not here to hurt you. They just want to grow up, have fun and raise a family just like all of you. so... what do you say....will you guys change your perspective on dragons and earn their trust so we can all live in harmony!" Hiccup declared.

It was silent for a minute before the village cheered with happiness. I was so proud that Hiccup was able to change berk for the better like he did for us.

___________________________________________________________

I hope you guys liked this chapter. I tried to make Hiccup's speech seem powerful. Hope you guys look forward to the next chapter!