Chapter 15: Aching Joints

I wake up feeling the hot sun on my face. I stretch and instantly feel achy. All that dancing last night has made my body hurt! It feels like when I first started doing it all. I moan from my aches. My feet hurt like a bitch too. I sit up rubbing my face.

"Didn't fancy sleeping in the bed last night?"

Marcus makes me jump as I look up. He's leaning on the living room door.

"Yeah sorry." I croak. "I came home late and didn't want to wake you, so I crashed out on the sofa." I arch my back, and stretch out my arms.

"Good night last night?"

"Uh yeah." I stand up yawning. "It was alright."

"Just alright?" He raises an eyebrow.

"Yeah." I let out an awkward chuckle. "Me and Hayley didn't really do much. We just drank alcohol and talked."

"I tried calling you because it was getting pretty late, but your phone was off."

"Oh yeah, it ran out of battery."

"Right." He nods. "So who drove you back home?"

"Marcus I've just woken up. Can I at least have a shower and something to eat before you throw all these questions at me?"

"Go have a shower and I'll make us something."

"Thanks." I smile.

I walk over to him and kiss him on the cheek, before making my way upstairs to the bathroom. I shut and lock the door sighing. I turn on the water and get undressed. I step in the shower and let the hot water run over my achy joints and muscles. The water instantly makes me feel a bit better.

I wash my hair and body gently, and stand under the water for a little while thinking back to last night. Hayley is probably wondering what the hell is going on. I finish in the shower and wrap myself up in a towel. I come out of the bathroom and get my mobile. I turn it on and see there's a miss call from Marcus and a few texts from Hayley. Yep she was freaking out a bit.

Well this is random. What's happened Layla? Xx

Why aren't you texting me back?! Tell me what's going. Why do you need me to cover you? Xx

It better not be what I think it is Lay. Text me back as soon as you can. Xx

I shake my head, delete the messages and put my phone on to charge. I get dressed and walk downstairs to the kitchen. There's a plate of pancakes and a bowl of fruit. I smile.

"Looks nice, thanks." I sit down.

Marcus smiles and watches me eat for a few minutes. I finish what's on my plate and stand up, putting it over in the sink to be washed. I pour myself a glass of water and look at Marcus.

"You don't seem that hung over." He says.

"I didn't drink that much." I shrug. "I didn't want to get really drunk anyway. I still need to think about preparing for the meeting."

"Listen, you don't have to go. I can call it off and see if I can reschedule it."

"What's changed your mind?"

"I just know you're dreading it, and I don't want you going if you really don't want to."

"But you said it's important."

"It is Layla, but if you feel this strongly about it-"

"Marcus it's ok. I can do it. I've prepared for most of it now anyway. It's too short notice to cancel now. I fly out tomorrow."

"You know it means a lot to me baby."

I smile.

"I know, and it means a lot to me too."

"Thanks." He walks over and hugs me. "Michael will be doing most of the work anyway, just see it as more of a little holiday."

I go quiet when he says his name. I pull away from the hug and drink my water.

"A little holiday, being by myself." I clear my throat and smile.

"We can go to the South of France one day together ok? I promise."

I nod and finish my drink.

"Well, I better go look over my notes."

"Already? You don't have to do that now." Marcus says holding my arm. "How about we have some alone time before you leave tomorrow."

I smile, as he pulls me in but I then feel an achy pain through my body which makes me flinch.

"You ok?" He asks looking concerned.

"Yeah." I fake smile. "I just feel achy today that's all. Think I need some rest."

"How about we go lay on the bed." He smirks and kisses my neck. "I'll make you feel better."

I chuckle and feel up and down his back.

"Mmm maybe I could spare a few minutes." I moan.

"A few minutes?!" Marcus says looking at me raising his eyebrows. "A few hours Layla."

"I want to feel relaxed Marcus, not more achy." I giggle.

"I can do that." He grins holding my hand, and pulls me over towards the stairs.

We walk up to our bedroom and both lay on the bed. He wraps me in his arms and kisses my cheek and jaw.

"Who drove you back last night then?" He asks, now kissing down my neck.

"What?" I say not understanding what he means.

He looks up at me and he goes further down my body.

"You didn't answer my question earlier. How did you get home?"

"Oh, Jake drove me back." I bite my lip feeling his lips on my skin.

"Jake drove you back in your car?"

"They only live 20 minutes away, and Jake was fine about it."

Marcus stares at me and then continues kissing me, as he slides down my panties. I'm not sure he believes me. He suddenly grabs my wrists and pins them above my head.

"Whoa careful!" I giggle.

His grip becomes tighter and he looks me in my eyes, looking serious. My smile drops when I realise he's not messing around.

"You better be telling me the truth."

"Marcus, you're hurting me." I say, beginning to feel worried, trying to wriggle out of his grip.

"I mean it Layla, I won't be happy if you've lied to me."

"I'm not lying." I frown staring in to his dark eyes.

He pauses for a second and then kisses me gently on my lips making me flinch. I let out my breath as he lets go of one of my wrists and rubs his hand down and up my leg, towards my vagina.