Chapter 27: Asking A Favour

"Auntie Layla!!!" Zack shouts running down the stairs.

"Zack!! I've just put you to bed!" Hayley says sternly, closing the front door as I take off my shoes.

"Hey little man." I smile at him.

He jumps up at me and I pick him up giving him a hug.

"Wow you're getting big now!"

"Yeah, I'm getting old."

Me and Hayley laugh at him. Hayley's smile drops when she notices my hand and wrist. I look down and see my sleeve has rolled up a bit. I quickly put Zack down and rub his head.

"I want a bedtime story." Zack says looking at Hayley.

"I've just read one to you Zack... you need to go to bed. Come on." She goes to pick him up.

"But I'm not tired!! I want to stay up with you and Auntie Layla."

"Well you can't. It's way past your bedtime."

"No!!" He moans refusing to be picked up.

"Look daddy will be home soon, and if you're good and go to bed I will ask him to go read you another story ok?"

Oh no...

"Jake isn't home?" I ask.

"No, he's working overtime. He shouldn't be much longer."

"Oh." I nod.

"Now is that a deal?" Hayley asks looking down at Zack.

He looks down and nods slowly.

"Good." She picks him up. "Go sit in the living room sis, I'll be back down in a second."

I smile.

"Good night Zack attack."

"Night Auntie Layla." He waves at me as Hayley takes him up to his bedroom.

I go in to the kitchen, and grab two wine glasses. I look through the fridge and pour out some wine. I sigh trying to get my story straight in my head and take a sip.

"I thought you'd get the wine out." Hayley chuckles walking in. "I need some of that too." She sighs.

I giggle and pour her a glass.

"Now tell me what the fuck happened to your wrist and hand." She says quietly, taking a sip.

"A sex game gone wrong..."

She gives me a look like she doesn't believe me.

"Seriously." I laugh. "We tried handcuffs last night, and we couldn't get them off afterwards..."

"Mmhm." She raises an eyebrow. "And the bloody bandage around your hand?"

"I broke a glass while washing up." I chuckle. "Why are you so concerned?"

"Because you're my baby sister, and I know when something isn't right."

"Everything is fine and I'm fine."

She drinks more wine and still looks like she doesn't believe me.

"Ok... Be more careful washing up next time, or get Marcus to do it for once. And don't use the handcuffs again... they are overrated in my opinion anyway."

I chuckle and drink some more wine.

"Anyway i haven't heard from you since you told me to lie to Marcus if he asked me where you were a few weeks ago... Oh and since you went to the South of France with the weird hot stalker."