Chapter 3

As I settled into Luke's car, I became nervous.

Maybe it was the fact that I didn't hang out with people alone often, unless it was my best friend Casey but that's about it.

Casey and I were almost inseparable. If I ever hung out with anyone, it was her or our friend Allison who we called Ally. But Ally was home schooled so it was just Casey and I for the majority of time.

I mean I guess I had other friends in school, but they weren't my true friends. The only ones I would willingly spend time with outside of school were Casey and Ally. Our friend group was perfect, because we were all the same. Awkward 17 year olds, who liked the same music and had lots of other similarities. Even though we were all very alike, we were different. We all had something about ourselves that the other two didn't, making us fit perfectly together like a puzzle.

So now that I was with Luke, I tried to play it cool and not be too awkward or seem too boring. I wasn't exactly use to hanging out with anyone else.

"So where to first?" I asked Luke who was adjusting his mom's car mirrors.
He was so tall, I'm not even sure how he fit in the car quite honestly.

"Hockey rink. I have to drop paperwork off to my coach" he said, putting on his black ray bans.

I always loved ray bans. But I couldn't pull them off. I still wore them, even though they probably didn't look right on my small face.

I always believed only certain people could look good in ray bans, and yes; Luke was one of those people. I caught myself staring for a bit too long and quickly looked out the window as Luke turned on the radio before pulling out of his driveway.

"Hey I like this song" I said suddenly. I always did that- I blurted out songs that intrigued me the slightest bit. It was something I wish I didn't do because people probably didn't care that much.

"Weightless by All Time Low? Me too. They're actually my favorite band" Luke said with a smile, showing his dimples which I secretly thought were adorable.

"Yeah I saw them at warped tour, they were really good" I said remembering back to last summer which I spent a majority of the time with Casey and Ally.

"No way me too!"

"What a small world" I said gazing out the window, remembering warped tour like it was yesterday. I made a mental note to look up when this years warped tour tickets came out when I got home.

Before I knew it, we were already outside of the hockey rink and Luke was un-clicking his seat belt.

We walked into the rink, and I immediately felt the chill from the ice, creating goose bumps along my arms. I got cold very easily.

"We'll only be here a minute, I'll be right back, going to give this to my coach on the other side" Luke said noticing the goose bumps along my arms and then nodding to his coach on the far side of the rink.

"Don't rush" I said as he walked away.

I noticed a hockey game going on to my left, so I walked over. I watched in awe, because hockey was a very interesting sport to me. I liked watching it every chance I got.

Before I knew it, one of the teams scored and the loud buzzer went off. Getting caught up in the excitement, I started to cheer, even though I didn't know what teams were currently playing.

"Amazing goal" Luke said beside me. I didn't even notice he was there.

"Yeah it was honestly" I said turning towards him.