Chapter 12

Once I got inside, I said goodnight to my dad and made my way to my room. I changed into sweatpants and a tank top, and then walked past my mirror, catching myself with a smile still on my face. I sat down on my bed still giddy, but remembered I promised to text Casey.

*I'm home! :)*

Immediately she called me.

"How was it?" she asked eagerly, before I even had a chance to say hello.

"Great," I said laying down with a smile.

"Okay how am I suppose to get anything from great," she said, her voice becoming frustrated.

"Well he picked me up, and of course he was about ten minutes late," I giggled, "when we got there the hostess called us Mr. and Mrs. Hemmings," I said laughing and shaking my head.

"You've got to be kidding," Casey said in complete shock.

"No, I swear I look 12 I can't believe they thought we were married," I said laughing, "whatever anyways, we talked casually, you know about school, and food, the normal small talk," I said.

"Keep going," Casey said pushing me to go on.

I shook my head but followed her command, "well the food was amazing, and the restaurant was fancy. It wasn't over the top fancy but it was still really nice. He dropped me off, and I forgot my leftovers in the car so he had to bring them to me, and then hugged me and left," I said quickly as usual.

"That's it?" Casey asked.

"Yes Case, it was our first date. Did you expect us to make out?" I said rolling my eyes at her.

"No but I don't know."

"Please tell me you and Ashton did something much more exciting on your first date," I said emphasizing the first.

"Alright touche," Casey said defeated.

"I'm also the most awkward person so I wouldn't expect anything else," I said making another point, "anyways, how are you and Ashton?" I asked her.

I listened to Casey talk about how her and Ashton were well, and she liked being his girlfriend; she talked about them for almost an hour.

I could barely keep my eyes open so I told Casey I would talk to her the next morning and I hung up. As tired as I was, I could barely sleep from such adrenaline. It's not even like Luke and I did anything special. It was your typical first date with two awkward kids, but it still made me smile. I had never been on a proper date, or have even been asked out so I felt really happy.

The last thing I remember thinking about was dinner before I fell asleep.

-

It's been a few days, and I've watched a bunch of chick flicks on Netflix. I've also been over analyzing dinner with Luke. Did he take one hand off the steering wheel and put it near the middle as a sign? Did he give me any signs? Was he trying to flirt with me at all? I tore myself apart with these questions because quite frankly, I was blind to flirting. Anyone could obviously flirt around me and I still wouldn't notice. There's no way I would ever be able to recognize a guy flirting with me; the only thing he could do is tell me straight up that he liked me. I hoped Luke didn't try something, and feel rejected when I didn't bother to notice or flirt back. That's the other thing, I couldn't flirt either. I would probably fumble my words or make myself look dumb. Flirting was just not my strong suit.

I shut my laptop, and grabbed my phone.

*Hey :)* I sent to Luke. I couldn't always wait around for him to text me first but I was bad at holding conversations.