Chapter 18

"Hey Luke?" I asked into the phone, noticing it was 12 am; we had been on the phone for hours.

"Hey Bailes?" he asked mimicking my tone making a soft laugh come from my mouth.

"Bailes?" I asked curiously.

"I need a nickname for you, and your dad calls you Baile so Bailes. I think it's cute," he said explaining himself.

"Okay," I said laughing again, "I'm tired, would you mind if I went to bed?" I asked. We had been on the phone talking to each other for almost three hours. Luke made sure he called me for a few hours each day since we weren't able to see each other. He asked how my day was, and told me he missed me. Then he would tell me how his day went.

"No it's okay," he said sincerely.

"Okay goodnight Luke," I said with a smile.

"Sweet dreams," he said before the line went dead. I hadn't been able to see Luke for a few days. He was doing some things with his family like fishing and going to family reunions. He also had hockey practice. I was invited to hang out with his family, but I didn't want to meet his entire family quite yet, we had only been dating a month or two and I was nervous. It just felt like it wasn't time for me to meet them yet. I didn't want us to move too fast. I told Luke I would meet his family soon, I just needed a little more time; which he understood even though he said his family would love me.

Once I put my phone on the charger, I reached over to turn off my lamp before letting my eyes close.

I woke up in the middle of the night to a terrible migraine. I unlocked my phone to check the time; it was only 3AM. I pulled myself out of bed, but as soon as my feet hit the ground, I felt weak and extremely fatigued. I stood still for a second, using the wall to hold me up. After I took in a deep breath I made my way to the kitchen. I grabbed a cold glass of water, and sat down while I drank. I drank my water unusually fast, but I got some more and made my way to my room. I grabbed some advil out of my medicine cabnet and tried to sleep, ignoring the extreme pain in my head.

I had become restless; I was tossing and turning, barely getting any sleep in. I texted Luke saying I couldn't sleep and that I was feeling awful. I felt so awful, I could have used one of his amazing hugs.

I was cold, and had goosebumps along my arms, I grabbed Luke's hoodie from the empty space I designated for it on the other side of my bed. I pulled it over my head before crawling under the covers and trying to fall back asleep.

Not too long after I finally fell asleep, I heard the door to my room unclick and I figured it was just my dad coming to check up on me. I was too tired to even open my eyes due to the long night of tossing and turning I had experienced. I let myself drift back into a deep sleep.

I began to stir awake, I felt my body being held. A long pair of arms wrapped around me, pulling me in close. I opened my eyes, letting them adjust to the light. I looked to my right seeing Luke who was fast asleep. I smiled to myself before leaning down and kissing his cheek. He began to stir for a moment, before falling fast asleep again. I smiled at how adorable he was when he slept.

I sat up slightly, wincing at the pain that was coming from my head. I leaned over to my nightstand grabbing another advil and my glass of water. I let out a groan because my headache was unbearable. Luke immediately sat up giving me a worried look.

"Babe, what's wrong?" He asked, his worried eyes meeting mine.

"I just have this awful headache," I said reaching up to my forehead and then running my fingers through my hair.

"What are you doing here?" I asked with a small appreciative smile.

"I got your text this morning, I wanted to come take care of you," Luke smiled, rubbing my hand.