Chapter 25

I froze at her words as the room fell silent. I wasn't sure whether to cry, scream or both. I didn't know much about brain tumors, but I knew they ended in death. How should I react after hearing that I could die?

Everyone dies one day, but I never expected my death to be soon. I never expected someone to tell me I was dying either. I always figured it would happen when I was 80 years old, after living a full life and feeling content with my memories.

"I'll give you guys some time alone, and tomorrow morning we'll discuss things we can do to help Bailey," the doctor said, giving her condolences as she exited the room.

I ran my fingers through my hair, speechless. I looked up meeting my sisters eyes, then my dad's. I knew what they were thinking. They wanted to tell me they were sorry, and they loved me. I looked back down, twiddling my thumbs.

"I'll uh," my dad hesitated, "I'll be back soon," he said mumbling before walking out the door.

My sister came over and hugged me. She had her head on my shoulder, trying not to make any sound that would let me know she was crying, but I knew from her shuddering. I hugged her back lightly, before she pulled back, averting her eyes. I knew she didn't want me to see her crying, she always felt like she needed to be the strong one.

My mind wandered to what life would be like without me.

My family eating at a restaurant, with an empty seat.

Walking around in the living room, glancing at my senior pictures every now and then.

I thought about Casey and Ally. The sleepovers they would have with just the two of them, watching videos of our favorite band. I thought about how they would possibly find a third friend since I was no longer able to be with them.

I thought about Luke, hoping he would always keep me in his memory even when he found someone new. I hoped he wouldn't take anyone to our spot on the beach.

I thought about how it was possible I wouldn't experience walking in senior graduation. I thought about how many people at school probably wouldn't notice I was gone anyways.

My mind wandered to my funeral last. I wondered who would speak, and what they would say. I thought about who would come.

My thoughts were broken when I heard the click of the door. I looked up to find my dad walking back in. He walked over to me, handing me the cross necklace he had gotten me for christmas. He was religious, I wasn't but I did have my moments. I met his eyes, and I knew he was trying to tell me that God had a plan for me since I was born. I remembered all the times my dad told me that when I eventually did pass, whether it be old or young, God was just gaining another angel.

He rubbed my hand, once he pulled away I put the cross around my neck. Holding it as if it would give me some type of strength. A few tears began to fall from my eyes, but I told myself to have a small bit of hope.

I turned on my side facing away from my dad and sister who were hugging. I heard my sister sniffle before mumbling she was going to call my brother to come here.

I kept my gaze on the wall I was facing. I don't know how long I was zoned out, but I heard my brother walk in and mumble a quiet hello.

I sat up to see him holding back the tears in his eyes. He walked over, pulling me in for a tight hug. We only shared tight hugs when something was wrong. This was the tightest hug of them all. We pulled back, both having tears in our eyes, trying to not let them fall.

"Now what?" my brother asked, looking down at his feet.

"The doctor is going to tell us our options in the morning. She felt as we needed some time," my dad said quietly.

We sat in silence with our broken hearts. The only sound was the clock ticking on the wall, and the machines I was hooked up to.

Soon my phone was ringing, and it was Luke. I immediately pressed the ignore button.

*Sorry a bunch of my family is in the room visiting :)* I sent him.

*I understand, any news?*

I felt a lump form in my throat. I couldn't bring myself to say it.

*No should take 1-2 days I think. I just know I don't have bronchitis and strep haha how was your day?* I sent trying to avoid the topic. I felt bad lying to Luke, but I didn't want to tell him yet.

*We won the first, lost the second :-(*

*i'm sorry, Hey I better go I don't want to be yelled at for being on my phone with my family here* I sent with a frown on my face. I could feel the pain in my heart getting stronger.

*I love you :-)*

*I love you too :)*

I put my phone back on the side table, feeling my heart break a little more due to the fact I just lied to Luke. It's crazy how one simple smiley face could fool him into thinking I was happy.

"Are you tired?" my brother asked breaking the silence.

"Kind of," I said shrugging. I had felt emotionally and physically beaten.

"You should probably get some rest, it's almost 10:30," he said.

I nodded as each of my family members walked over to me. My brother hugging me tightly, saying he would see me in the morning. My sister hugged me too, saying she would be outside for a little bit. My dad patted me on the back and told me he loved me, he was never the affectionate type so I didn't mind that he didn't lean down to hug me.

I watched them all walk out the door, I turned on my side facing the same wall I had hours ago as the door closed.

I was sleepy, but there was no way I was going to be falling asleep anytime soon; my mind was racing. I don't know how long I stared at the wall, but eventually my eyes became to a close.

-

A/N

I know this is short I'm sorry :-(

I promise questions will be answered in the next couple of chapters!