Chapter 5

I walked around in circles, anxiously waiting for Luke to come pick me up. I didn't know why I was so nervous; it was just a friend hanging out with another friend, right? I didn't need to be so worried.

I walked over to the freezer and grabbed an ice cube- one of my other bad habits. Eating ice was so bad for your teeth, but it helped ease my nerves. I calmed down for a minute or two, but all the nerves came back once I saw Luke pull into my driveway.

I took a breath before walking outside, looking at the ground as I approached his car.

"Hey Luke" I said getting into his car, trying to hide the uncertainty in my voice.

"Hey" he said with a smile before backing out.

"So what's the plan?" I asked; I always liked to know what the plan was. I liked knowing what was going on ahead of time.

"I was thinking about going to noodles and company, and then I want to show you something" he said, focusing on the road. He was wearing his ray bans again, which made me smile.

"After you" Luke said pulling open the door to the restaurant.

"Thank you" I smiled as I walked past Luke.

We walked up to the front register, Luke ordered first and then he turned to me.

"What do you want?"

"No I can pay for mine" I said with a smile, "thanks though"

"You can, but I got it Bailey"

Not wanting to keep people waiting, I ordered a small Mac and cheese.

"Thanks Luke" I said with a sigh.

"Don't worry, I asked you to hang out. Let me pay" he said with a smile.

I nodded and we sat down.

"So you're gonna show me something?" I asked, intrigued.

"Yeah if you don't mind taking a drive" he said, putting his drink up to his lips.

"I love drives" I said as our food came out. There weren't many people here so I figured the kitchen didn't have much to do.

Another thing I was nervous about- eating in front of people. I took small bites, trying not to be messy. When I was alone, I devoured food. I ate really fast, but I didn't like eating that way in front of people so I took small bites; usually when Luke wasn't looking at me. Being so nervous, I wasn't all that hungry. Once I was done, I looked around at the restaurant decorations.

"Ready?" he said, meeting my eyes once he was done.

"Yep" I said beginning to get out of my chair.

I held the door for him this time.

"Thanks" he smiled "but I think that's my job"

I laughed, "that's where you're wrong; doing kind things should be done both ways. The males shouldn't have to do everything" I said.

Don't get me wrong, I loved when anyone was kind. I especially loved when boys did things boys were 'suppose' to do, like hold doors and ask girls on dates but it was nice sometimes for it to go both ways.

"So how long is our drive?" I asked Luke while putting on my seatbelt.

"Probably a half an hour if you don't mind"

"Not at all" I said truthfully.

After Luke switched the radio station for what had to be the seventh time, he looked over at me and sighed.