Chapter 13

Once we got to Luke's house, Luke and I took the food into the dining room. We placed the food buffet style on the table that his mom already had set. Luke and I sat next to each other, sitting across from his brothers with his parents at each end of the table.

His entire family was super sweet and very funny, they kept conversation going while we ate. Once we were all done eating, Luke's mom excused Luke and I telling his brothers and dad that it was their night to clean up. Each of the boys groaned hearing those words coming out of her mouth. Luke was excused because he had a guest over which he thanked me for because he didn't feel like cleaning up; what a typical teenage boy.

We walked back out onto the deck as we had earlier that night, the deck lights still on. The sun was now almost completely gone.

After sitting down for a moment, Luke turned to me, "one sec," he said getting up and disappearing into the house. I nodded giving Luke a slightly confused look as he walked away.

A minute later, Luke walked out with his guitar in hand. He sat it down, taking off his hoodie revealing his black shirt which had a wolf on the front, before throwing his sweater on the chair next to him.

"Any requests?" He asked, putting his guitar on his lap. I thought about it for a moment, but nothing was coming to my mind. Luke waited for my answer and just messed around playing a few different chords.

"Okay I can't think of anything on the spot," I said looking at the ground, "just play anything," I said with a smile, eager to hear him play.

Soon he was strumming away, but never meeting my eyes while he was playing. I recognized him playing the intro to Lego House, like he was when I walked up to his room.

Hearing him play and sing made me smile. I saw his cheeks get pink when he took a peak up to see if I was looking at him.

He only played the first half, and then stopped to look up at me.

"You're really good," I said in awe. He had such a great voice, I could listen to it every minute of the day. The way his eyes light up when he sang was so breathtaking.

"Here," he said placing the guitar in my lap. I shot him a confused and scared look.

"You said you would let me teach you," he said with pleading eyes and scooting his chair closer to me.

"You're going to regret this," I said blushing, looking in his eyes then down at the guitar in my hands. I wasn't a fast learner.

"Okay so G chord," he said smiling, then taking his hand to help me adjust my fingers. I felt the tingle every time our fingers came into contact, and the butterflies beginning to take over my stomach.

"Loosen up," he said smiling, noticing how tense I was.

"Sorry," I mumbled, "I'm nervous," I said in a hushed tone. I didn't think he heard me, but he looked down at my hands and smiled with a quiet laugh. I then let out a breath, and let my shoulders relax.

"Okay so that's G" he said looking up at me. My eyes caught his, and I scanned his face. I went from his piercing blue eyes, to his nose, to his cheeks that still were lightly pink. My eyes then traveled to his lips and his lip ring.

"Bailey?" he asked looking at me, "did you hear the chord I just said?"

"Wait what?" I said making myself blush even more, "I'm sorry," I said biting my lower lip.

He continued to try and teach me a few chords. He also tried to help me get used to moving my fingers between the few chords I knew, but honestly I wasn't paying too much attention. I was paying much more attention to the light in his eyes when he talked about playing. I payed more attention to the smile that stayed on his face, and I really payed attention to the feeling of our skin touching.