Chapter 19

I was sitting next to Ally and Casey watching Ashton and Luke's hockey game. They were winning 2-0 and I knew Luke would be happy afterwards, he played a great game. I looked at the clock on the wall to my right, only two minutes left. I was freezing in the rink so the sooner we were able to get out, the better.

Before I knew it, the buzzer sounded and Luke's team cheered in victory. Ally, Casey and I rushed to the lobby, desperate for warmth.

"Hey if you see Ashton can you tell him I'll meet him at his house? I have to drop Ally off and my mom is outside," Casey said to me looking at her phone.

I agreed and we exchanged our hugs and goodbyes. I looked down at my phone scrolling through my twitter timeline waiting for Luke to walk out from the locker room. I looked up from my phone, my eyes meeting Ashton's.

"Where's Casey?" he asked looking around the lobby.

"She said she would meet you back at your house. She had to go drop off Ally," I explained like Casey asked me to.

"Where's Luke?" I asked looking towards the locker rooms. They usually walked out together after each game.

"Talking to coach or something, I just know he was taking forever," Ashton said with a laugh.

I laughed too before giving him a nod.

"So you and Luke are doing well?" Ashton asked scratching behind his ear.

"Yeah," I said with a smile.

"He likes you a lot you know," Ashton said making a smile pull at my lips. I looked up at him meeting his gaze.

"He's falling for you fast," he said continuing, "Just please don't hurt him when he falls."

I was taken back by his words.

"I don't intend to," I said with a slightly bitter tone. I knew he was looking out for Luke, but I didn't ever plan on hurting him.

"I know, he's just my best friend I don't want to see him get hurt," he said worried. Ashton was totally the protective type.

"I don't plan on hurting him," I said truthfully. He nodded and we stood in silence for a short moment.

"I better get going, Casey and I have plans," Ashton said.

"See ya," I said with a slight smile, not sure what to make of our conversation. I felt extremely awkward. Ashton began walking away and then I saw Luke walking towards me.

I walked towards him as he dropped his bag and hockey stick to the ground. I wrapped my arms around him, and he did the same to me.

"You played great," I said against his chest.

"Thank you," he said quietly.

"Alright enough, you smell," I said trying to squirm out of his arms. He noticed, grabbing me tighter.

"Do I?" he said rubbing his face against mine, making sure to get all the sweat he could onto me.

"Luke!" I squealed trying to squirm away. He was a lot bigger and stronger than me, so I stayed put until he released me from his grip.

"You suck," I said.

"You love it. Let's go," he said lacing his fingers with mine as we walked towards the car.

-

"You guys played well," I said laying on Luke's bed with my feet dangling off.

"Yeah, we might be able to go to a tournament out of state," he said grabbing clothes out of his dresser.