Chapter 15

As Luke and I put our seatbelts on, I looked at him, "We could always get something to eat and take it back to my house and watch a movie or something?" I asked not wanting Luke to leave just yet, the day was amazing so far.

I'm not sure what we were exactly, but I just knew I wanted to be with him 80% of the time. When I was alone he took over my thoughts. I was really happy being around him, and I loved the feeling of liking him. It was nice to have that rush of liking someone and what's even better is that Luke liked me back. Well that's what I hoped anyways. We hadn't really talked about our date or our kiss so I was confused as of what was going on in his head.

"Yeah that sounds cool," he said smiling at me, "Is there anything specific you want to eat?"

"What do you want?" I asked not sure exactly what I was in the mood for.

"Anything you want," he said which made me laugh.

"Well I don't know what I want!" I exclaimed with a laugh, "I can never make decisions."

Luke laughed too.

"I have this argument with my dad whenever we go out," I said remembering all the times we spend arguing in the car over what we were getting for dinner. Whenever I finally thought of something, he didn't want that, and I didn't want to eat whatever he recommended.

"Taco Bell?" I asked since it was close to home, and nachos and tacos sounded good.

"Sure," he said rolling down his window slightly letting the breeze blow through his hair.

Luke drove towards Taco Bell and I thought about what I was going to order.

We got to my house and walked into the living room. My dad wasn't home yet, so it was quiet inside. I put the bag of food on the living room table, pulling out what we ordered. We each got a couple of tacos, nachos and a big baja freeze to share.

Luke sat on my right on the couch, "Chicken tacos?" he asked noticing 'chicken' written on my tacos. I always specially order chicken rather than ground beef.

"Yeah i'm picky with normal meat tacos. Some places taste weird, too much taco seasoning for me," I said shyly.

I was a very picky eater and a few people I knew found that annoying. It made me insecure to talk about my own eating habits.

After eating in silence for a few minutes, I thought about bringing up our kiss, or even asking Luke what he was feeling, but I didn't know how. It also didn't help that I was shy and awkward. I couldn't find any confidence in myself to say anything about it, so I just kept my mouth shut and we ate with silence in the air.

Once we were done, I took the trash into the kitchen throwing it away. I walked back into the living room picking up the remote and turning the TV on.

"Thanks for coming over," I said finally settling on the movie Step Brothers.

"Yeah," Luke said reaching over and putting his hand right above my knee making my stomach do flips. I smiled leaning back into the couch. I saw Luke pick his arm up, and then put it back down. Then he picked it up and put it around me making me smile as I leaned slightly into him.

"Oh one sec," I said getting up and walking into my room quickly. I grabbed Luke's hoodie off the back of my chair in my room before walking back to Luke.

"Here, I forgot to give this back to you last night when I left," I said sitting back down on the couch next to him.

"Oh," Luke said looking at it. He hesitated for a second, "just keep it."