Chapter 33

I woke up feeling weight on my body. I smiled at Luke who was sleeping; his legs tangled with mine, one of his arms thrown over my stomach, and his chin next to the top of my head.

My bedroom door was open and I could hear my dad watching NCIS on the living room TV.

I yawned and looked up at the clock hanging on my wall, It was almost 11am. Luke began to stir and I couldn't help but lean in and peck his lips lightly.

Luke smiled before opening his eyes, "I like waking up to that," he said quietly wrapping his arms around me.

"Are you hungry?" I asked Luke who just shrugged.

"Do you want pizza?" I asked again and Luke shrugged again.

"You're grumpy when you wake up," I said with a small chuckle and Luke nodded his head.

I reached over and grabbed my phone off my nightstand. I laughed because Luke was still latched onto me.

"Did you really call my phone even though you're down the hall?" my dad questioned into the phone.

"Yes you should know me by now," I said with a laugh

"What do you want?" My dad said mildly annoyed.

"Can you put the frozen pizza in the oven? The pepperoni one?" I asked sweetly.

"Fine, lazy."

"Thank you, I still don't feel all that great." I said honestly before hanging up. My body felt defeated.

"Can you stay for lunch?" I asked looking down at Luke who was still snuggled up to me, god he was so cute. He nodded before stretching and sitting up.

"Merry Christmas Eve." I said looking into his eyes with a smile.

"Merry Christmas Eve to you too," he mumbled before pressing his lips to mine.

"How about you rest up today, and we can spend some time together tomorrow?" He asked pulling back and I nodded.

Christmas with my family was nothing special. Most families spent the whole day together celebrating, but not mine. Only a few gifts were given, and we ate breakfast together but that was about it. Since my mom left, things were different. To put it simply, my family was broken.

My sister was always traveling, especially during holidays. She didn't like holidays since my mom left because she felt as if we weren't a family anymore. My brother was always with his girlfriend and her family, leaving just dad and I at home. My dad thought holidays were like birthdays, just another marker to show the year was passing us by.

"Bailey pizza is ready!" my dad called. I threw the covers off of me, and began to get up when Luke put his hand on my shoulder.

"Stay." Luke said sternly looking into my eyes. I chuckled and rolled my eyes at him.

A moment later Luke walked in with two plates in hand, and my dad following closely behind him with two sodas and napkins.

"Thanks dad," I said as he passed me the sodas and napkins before he left the room.

-

Luke left around 5pm, that way he could have dinner with his family. I decided to go to bed early and make sure I had plenty of rest before spending christmas with Luke and his family.

I was woken up by my phone ringing. I grabbed it and looked to see Luke calling me at midnight.

"Hello," I murmured into my phone.