Chapter 16

After listening to my dad lecture me about having a boyfriend and telling me to be careful, I called Casey and added Ally to the call. We spent an hour and a half on the phone talking about what's been happening with Luke. I liked being able to talk to them about what was going on between Luke and I. I had so much excitement built up that I felt like I might burst. It was nice to be able to get it out of my system, it was a plus that they were excellent listeners.

-

The next morning I woke up and saw I had a text from Luke.

*Goodmorning :-)*

I looked over at the clock, not believing it was already past 11:30. I sat up stretching before I responded to Luke's message.

*Hi, goodmorning :)*

I sat in silence, thinking about what Luke and I could do today. I didn't want to just sit around at my house and have Luke be bored. I groaned in frustration because I was coming up with nothing. The frustration didn't last long, because soon enough Luke texted me putting a smile on my face.

*I have to do some errands for my mom, but how about I pick you up at 4 and we can grab something to eat and hang out at my house?*

*Sounds good :)*

I tossed my phone to the side, and laid back down. I had only been awake for ten minutes, but I was getting an awful headache. I got up making my way to the kitchen, figuring it was from hunger. I looked through each cupboard, and the refrigerator twice, before deciding to put some chicken nuggets in the oven. I laughed as I spread them out on the baking sheet. My dad would buy me dinosaur shaped chicken nuggets, but I wasn't complaining they were cute and probably tasted delicious.

I took my plate into the living room, putting netflix on the tv. I felt like watching something funny, so I turned on How I Met Your Mother.

I don't know how many episodes of HIMYM I went through, but when I looked back up at the clock it was almost 3pm. I trudged into the kitchen, cleaning the baking sheet I used for my chicken nuggets before walking into the bathroom and starting my shower. I always had to let the shower run for a few minutes to make sure it got as warm as possible before I got in.

I tossed my clothes to the floor before stepping in.

-

I was pulling on my left shoe as I heard my phone ringing.

"Hey," I said clicking the speaker button on my phone, then placing it on my dresser pulling on my other shoe.

"Hey Bailey, I'm gonna be a little late as usual," Luke sighed through the phone.

"I counted on that," I said laughing, "It's alright though," I said reassuring Luke. I really didn't mind. I hated being late, but only to things important to be on time to; like doctors appointments. Luke warned me previously he was usually late anyways, so I kept that in mind as I was getting ready.

"I'll be there in 15 minutes okay?" Luke asked sincerely. I glanced at the clock, 4:12.

"Alright see you then," I said as I hung up. I walked downstairs writing my dad a note saying I was with Luke.

"Hemmings," I said getting into the car.

"Parker," he said mocking my tone making a smile pull at my lips, "I know we just had pizza, but would it be cool to order some and just hang out?" Luke asked meeting my eyes for a second before looking back at the road.

"That's fine. I could eat pizza anytime," I said truthfully. I don't recall ever getting tired of pizza.

Once we got to his house, he pushed open the front door and lead me to his living room.