The rest of Monday

Cordelia's Pov:

               It is not new. Nothing is really new to me. Those are not the first names that I have been called. I have been named way worse. I met people who referred to me in more colorful curses just because I am rich, introverted and cold. Tobiah's way of describing me was not a shock at all. I always thought that he hated me and I can give him the right to do because I was never that friendly to him. Our relation is built on bickering and sassing each other. We were never friends and we shall never be. Maybe the new gained closeness between us is also a mere show and it will as the year passes. I might have believed that he at least did think better of me but I guess I was wrong. He was merely acting which is fine. He is playing a role and that I must remember. At least now, his true colors are revealed to me and I wouldn't be fooled. His name shall be added to my list of  haters. One other line to fill. It is not a big deal though because half of the world already does judge me without knowing me. One freaking paper wrote an article about me when my businesses started to bloom and they called me "a rude materialistic snob" because I simply declined their offer to answer few questions. Then all the world jumped on my throat...I am an introvert. Articles, social events and gatherings freak me out and cause my anxieties to worsen so why would I  put myself in the spotlight? 

            Walking to the elevator, I decided to end my day of work. The Spanish deal now is considered a done deal. I ended it few days earlier just to move on to the next big thing. Another master plan is already being paved and Scotland here I come. Feeling exhausted and frustrated with the slowly coming elevator I groaned loud uncaring. My ponytail became another torturer of mine and I felt my head become heavier by the moment. I do overwork myself , at times. I just get excited and who wouldn't when you can decorate the whole world with the finest designs? To end some of my pain, my hand reached up my hair and took the elastic out allowing it to fall down my shoulders. Sighing in relief, I appreciated such small comfort. This is one of the pleasures that men cannot know about; the feeling of taking off your heels, an elastic out of your hair, a tight dress and a bra...How will they discover such little moments of comfort when they do not endure how hellish our daily routines are? Lucky bastards !

"Lia, aren't you forgetting something?" the one annoying voice that I vowed to ignore erupted by me and I wanted to grumble at him loud.

           From the corner of my eyes, I could see Tobiah. Today he did not look as he always did. He came late which is more than normal but what isn't , is that he kept his sunglasses on for hours. He took them off after lunch. He also had this angry and faraway look. He wasn't as focused as usual. Telling him to hand me the Spanish deal, I was expecting him to preform his "happy dance" however he just nodded. Maybe torturing him by reading few pages daily, twice for a week is not as evil as I thought. 

"Mr.Knight, what did I forget? I already have my purse, phone and keys. What could be more important?" I sassed clearly annoyed and his easy -go-lucky looks kind of washed away leaving a guarded look behind.

              His blue ocean eyes fell upon me. They connected with my dark black ones and something sparked in his. It is amazes me how god can gift some humans such awesome looking eyes while gifting me with mere black eyes. Guess I cannot have everything right?

"The plan. We should leave together." Tobiah hushed in a low tone. To foreign ears he may even sound a bit coy and shy but I know best: he is scared even terrified of my reaction, after what his brother revealed. In all honesty, I can just fire him and be done but I would never step so low.

"I thought that we are taking the day off." I blamed reminding him of today. He forgot to pick me up and I stupidly waited for half an hour. He never came though and from this day forward I vowed either to pick him up or drive alone.