About Last Night

Cordelia's Pov

"You did what ?I told you that it was a bad idea. You cannot handle your alcohol well and that's why you don't drink. Hell, I knew something bad was going to happen. Once, you tried to have fun before and you woke drunk with  six sent messages to  who shall not be named" Helena yelled pacing back and forth making me dizzier.

"Elena, will you sit down? I am already dizzy and yes, I was stupid. Are you happy now?" I whined for the tenth time and groaned because of my killer hangover. 

"I cannot not sit down after this. The plan and your office life and routine will be messed up." She argued back and her hands flew to her red hair messing and pulling it in frustration.

"You are making me feel ten times worse Ellie. I didn't know how to act so I just ran. But Tobiah and I are adults and grown up enough not let things get messy." I prayed  remembering how I escaped Tobiah's house this dawn.

"You left him asleep with a note saying that nothing happened , that you will see him in the office and you don't want to feel bad? Lia you surely know that that wasn't the right nor the grown up thing to do. Imagine Tobiah waking up hangover, naked and with a note on his nightstand. He will be confused at first but it won't take him long to discover what happened." Helena blamed but finally sat near me with saddened eyes.

"So I should have stayed and waited for my drunk one nightstand of an employee to wake and get all dramatic? As soon as I rolled away from him a picture of him and Lana met my sight. They looked so happy and in love. I cannot take the blame for ruining that for him.  I have never felt as bad. I felt so freaking guilty because Lana's words ended up happening. I got Tobiah into my bed or it is the other way around.  Tobiah ended up in this mess because of me. I am sure that the poor guy will probably take the blame for last night too since the last thing I remember is him kissing me on the dance floor. I don't want him to feel bad for whatever happened. I just want things to be normal between us. I am his boss and he is my assistant that is it." I clarified and sudden tears rushed down my cheeks. I didn't know why I was crying. All I felt is some burden weighing me down. 

"Please, don't cry. I am just looking out for your best Lia." Helena uttered softly and engulfed me into a comforting hug.

"Why can't life give me a break?" I mumbled hugging her back.

"Because life is total a jealous bitch trying to break all strong girls." Elena answered back with the same line that she used when I broke up with my ex, got rushed into an arranged wedding and now...

"I know that line." I informed wiping my tears away.

"I know you do but it is the truth." she assured hugging me tighter.

"Thank you for everything Elie." I said not knowing what I could have done without her.

"Now, I am going to make you a cup of coffee so just sit down relax and don't cry, okay?" she questioned letting go and I nodded offering her a small grateful smile. 

Laying back on my sofa, I tried to do what Elena said. Sleep , however, wouldn't come. My eyes searched around for my usual source of comfort and joy to find him calmly asleep on his bed. Feeling already bad and guilty, I decided not to wake Jaden up. The poor doggy looked already exhausted from his walk with Helena this morning and I truly need to thank her for taking a good care of him. Closing my eyes again, I tried to relax but my traitor of a memory started to play bits of last night; Tobiah kissing me senseless on the dance floor. Us staying around for one more song with faded lights and entangled bodies. I don't know if we called a cab or an Uber but an image of us at the back seat of a car kissing passionately made chills run through me. Tobiah , for once, took the upper hand and was exploring my curves and body. The driver tried to tell us off but Tobiah wouldn't have it...After that ride everything went hazy. All I can recall is waking up embraced by strong arms around my waist and a head of blond hair in the curve of my neck. Those moments made me freeze but I couldn't deny the warmth that Tobiah's breathes sparked in me. Discovering that we are both naked made me blush for hours. Yet the realization of what will Tobiah think of this came later on and I had no power for any added drama so I escaped his hands, dressed fast and left.  I didn't want to see him freaking out about our night and Lana. No memory of what happened exactly in his house would clarify. Such vagueness made my head hurt. 

Helena's ring tone played loud from the kitchen and I hoped that it was not something big. What if a picture of Tobiah and I made the news? What if some journalist knew who I am? What if...

"Good morning to you too Tobiah." Helena greeted and I froze. What does he want now? He can surely be regretting last night after all I am not his type, I am just Cordelia to him an uptight business oriented Boss...

"I know." Helena continued and appeared out of the kitchen setting next to me. I shaking my head at her ordered her silently to lie about my whereabouts and she just nodded.

"She is in the shower. Is there anything I can help you out with?" Helena lied "She is fine just a bit hangover. In an hour or two, we will be in the company. Okay, I will tell her. Bye." she finished ending the phone call.

"What did he say?" I rapidly asked.

"He tried to call you plenty of times but your phone isn't working. He wanted to make sure that you are okay and asked me to apologize to you." Helena answered.

"For what?" I questioned taking aback by his request.

"He is sorry because he made you run away and got things messed up. He didn't mean to cross his limits but he couldn't stop himself and will try to act as your note says." Helena clarified and I started feeling bad and guilty for running away all over again.

"He is a good guy." I noted honestly.

"He is." Elena agreed 

"I certainly need to apologize to him." I added only to own a nod from my best friend.

"Want to know a secret?" Elena questioned and a hint of playful seriousness tainted her tone.

"I guess." I replied wanting to know what is going on through her head.

"I honestly ship Coby more than Raphe and you. The sweet easy going nature of Toby makes you less tense and more comfortable. The situation now might be messy but Toby is making you feel things and simply live. I love him for you." Elena cheered like a teen and I could do nothing but smack my head at her childishness.

"Raphe and I grew dysfunctional but you did ship us for years and Tobiah , my dear, already met the love of his life and now his fighting tooth and nail to get her back. Coby is nothing but nothing." I corrected for her.

"I believe in Coby, no matter what you say." Helena retorted and I not having any energy to fight back asked her to please bring me my promised coffee.

Trying to relax again, I decided to turn on my TV and look for my episodes of F.R.I.E.N.D.S but seeing Chandler kissing Monica I couldn't but remember last night. How will I face Tobiah now?