Invite

Cordelia's Pov:

I , finally , put two and two together to find out that I am pregnant. I have been getting sick the moment I wake up. It takes me at least half an hour to get back to my usual routine. The smell of coffee at an early hour isn't that welcomed anymore by me. My senses seemed to be confused. At first, I thought that I had food poisoning or some sort of flu. I took some pills but they did nothing at all. Each day I would still wake up rushing to the bathroom but during the day I would only feel exhaustion.

Helena caught up to my unusual dislike of morning coffees and I told her what's been happening. I still remember how her colored eyes nearly popped and she froze like a cartoon character. I had to shake her off zoning out. I freaked seeing her reaction. What if it is a new fatal illness that she knew about from the news? Shaking her back to normal, she cried the word pregnant loud and it was my time to freeze . Till that very second, I never considered or even thought that that can be a possibility. After ten pregnancy test and one blood test , it got affirmed though.Even if I never thought of getting pregnant not even with Rafael, I am now after a one nightstand with my assistant. How will I tell my parents? They will be ashamed!

From Tobiah ---"Let's talk about it."

To Tobiah ---" Let it go." I replied getting more frustrated with him.

I honestly thought that he , like all typical men, will freak out and demand that I get an abortion. I honestly believed that this won't turn into a dramatic fight of right and wrong. To my total surprise and shock though, Tobiah started to defend 'it'. I know abortion seems harsh and uncalled for but it is the only right thing to do. I cannot care for a kid. I don't have enough time. I already have a nanny for Jay. A dog is also way different from a baby. The latter needs more love, care , affection, time and effort. Most of all a baby needs some sort of family and Tobiah and I aren't one. He however thinks others wise. He wants me to carry a baby for nine months, not get attached to it after grows in me, give to him and Lana even though our contract will still be going when its birth comes along, then step back and watch them be a family. Like hell, I would do that!

From Tobiah ---" You are killing a baby just think about that. It is also mine. I simply cannot let go." I read groaning loud. How will I convince this irrational man!

To Tobiah --- " It is not a baby yet. It is still a fetus, smaller than a grain of rice!" I shot back and threw him a death glare through our glass doors.

From Tobiah --- " Doesn't matter. It is still mine and I am ready to care for it. " He typed than returned my glare.

To Tobiah --- " I will not carry a baby in me for nine months just to give it to you."

From Tobiah --- " So it is a baby now princess!"

To Tobiah --- " During the course of the nine months, it will be!"

From Tobiah --- "It is a baby and you will be killing it."

Reading that line over and over made me feel sick. If this baby was made of love and not drunken sex, I would have never thought of abortion. Tobiah , right now, is making me feel like the bad guy while he plays the card of a "children's rights advocate" or " Fetus'right advocate". He is making me seem like a murderer not knowing how my parents will overreact, how the media will find out and I the forgotten billionaire would be their next "Hot topic" or "Hot tea" as Helena says.

While typing few colorful words to get back at Tobiah, my phone started to ring loud ending whatever charged silence he and I kept. My mother's picture and name appeared on my screen making me internally cuss at my luck today. Why is the world against me?

"Mother" I answered trying to hid whatever feelings were crossing through me.

"Delia, don't you seem happy to hear my voice." my mother sarcastically pointed and I sighed praying god to make this into a short phone-call.

"How are you?" I plainly asked ignoring her comment.

"I am fine. Just calling to invite you and Tobiah over tonight. We have few guests coming over and we would love for you two to be around." She explained and I screamed inwardly not knowing what crime did I do to anger the universe this much.

"We cannot join you tonight, sorry mum." I denied but heard my father hushing to her that Tobiah and I must come.

"Your father says that its a must." She repeated after him. Why would my father say that even though we had met them not so long ago?

"We have plans." I confessed. At least, I do have plans to abort the baby.

"reschedule them. Just for tonight. Don't you miss us? I know that we are old and not so fun anymore but we are your parents. We also did invite Helena." My mother pleaded and I knew better than to argue with her...I can drink the pill after the dinner party or visit the doctor tomorrow. Oh, yes I am still deciding how to let go of this baby.

"Okay mother." I finally gave in to her and heard her cheer.

"Love you Delia." She says and without waiting for me to reply she just ended the call.

Collecting all my will powers, I pushed my chair back, flattened my clothes and walked over to Tobiah. Planing to merely give him an order and walk away, I pushed the glass door and he immediately stood. His hair looked a bit tousled as if he ran his hands through it plenty of times. His blue eyes looked raging of some sort of unknown emotion. I couldn't but appreciate how easily this man can look like a god and make me unconsciously shiver.

You are mad at him! Focus ! I reminded myself.

"Are you okay?" Tobiah asked walking to stop only a foot away.

Even though, we have been fighting over texts his tone sounded caring and concerned. His gaze studied my face , fell down my stomach then back to connect with my dark eyes. I don't know how such a macho man can care for a fetus as much Tobiah does.

"I am okay." I assured hearing him sigh in relief.

"Lia, we can try to parent it together." He promised this time and with such words a strange kind of warmth started within me.

"Why do you care so much it about it?" I frankly asked.

"I know that this may sound childish to you but growing up my grandma used to tell me that kids are a blessing. When I got my first serious girlfriend after college, grandma made promise to care for both the woman that I fall for and the kids we have. I vowed to grandma that I will forever be the best dad there is when such day comes. Now, hearing that I have a baby growing inside of you I can't help but remember my word to my long gone grandma. It was one of her wishes and I will do whatever you please to keep it. " Tobiah clarified and his hand sneaked it way to lay above my stomach rooting me in place.

" We have a party to attend tonight." I blurted out not knowing how to act.

" So you are not aborting it tonight? " Tobiah noted his tone getting more hopeful.

"I guess it has more time." I said sighing loud and taking Tobiah's hand off of me.

" It means that you and I too have more time to think about it." Tobiah added his blue twinkling and I couldn't but nod. I didn't want to crush his hopes or have him whining for the whole night.

"Just remember to keep it a secret." I ordered and he nodded at me.

"I will. I promise." He vowed and I smiled at him.

"You will be a great father one day." I honestly foretold

"In less than nine months." Tobiah tested and I couldn't but shake my head at his stubbornness. How did I get into such mess with such a man ? I don't even know !