Firsts

Cordelia's Pov: 

"Who was her first love?" My father asked continuing his endless Q/A game and I nearly groaned loud.  My mother already tried her best to stop him but it didn't work so she ended up leaving us three alone. She saw some of her friends and decided to join them for a civil conversation. I though have to suffer...Can't my dad be a normal  dad and just accept the fact that his daughter is old enough to pick the right guy for her?

"Raphael, Lia told me all about him." Tobiah answered keeping a cool facade but his body language told a totally different story: he started clutching on the back of my dress minutes ago and I can feel his thumb moving rapidly against the thin fabric of my dress. 

Tobiah , from the start, admitted that his nervous about all of this. I assured him that nothing will go wrong as long as he knew the answers to my dad's questions. My dad though is taking it further than usual and asking more than basic questions. I mean how would Tobiah know when was my first kiss ? 

"When was her first kiss?" My dad repeated smirking a bit thinking that he got Tobiah. What my fake boyfriend what have missed is the small movement of my dad's eyebrows the man is clearly impressed and soon enough he will declare losing such a battle. 

Without attracting any attention, I moved my free hand behind me. Finding Tobiah's hand resting on my back, I tapped rapidly five times on it hoping that he would get the message. I had my first kiss when I was five, shockingly young I know.

"Five!" Tobiah yelled of relief then turned in a rush to face as if the information downed on him. 

"Five?" he questioningly repeated and his blue ocean eyes shinned in confusion.

"Yeah, five you are correct." I played coolly faking a smile so my father won't pick any wrong vibes.

"I guess you two do know each other. All the questions that I prepared for now are answered." My dad ended his nerve wrecking investigation  and Tobiah and I sighed in relief.

"I promise to never hurt her Mike. I am always looking out for her best." Tobiah noted and I couldn't but look at him. An unusual kind of warmth and happiness took over me. I don't know why but I couldn't keep from smiling. Tobiah's hard jaw, shinning eyes and calm features made me , the fake girlfriend , believe his words. I honestly believe that Tobiah would never hurt me on purpose and that's why I have new gained level of trust for him.

"I hope that you won't because if you even think about it..." My dad started to threaten.

"Dad please stop it. You know Tobiah better than this and I am not a little girl anymore if he hurts me I will kick his but myself." I joked trying to ease the tense atmosphere.

"I know Delia. I surely did raise a strong girl." My dad spoke proudly and finally shifted his attention on me allowing Tobiah to breathe for a second.

"She is and I admire that about her." Tobiah accorded hugging me closer.

"You should. She is very different from Lana. You should know that too." My dad noted bringing up Lana. Tobiah had introduced her to my parents before, they did talk together  and Tobiah went stiff for a second. He cares a lot about her and I just hope that he won't defend her now or else all of our hard work would go to waste.

"She is. Out of all people, I am the one to know that." Tobiah accorded and I internally agreed with him. He did after all work with me for years now and we kind of, sort of fake dated for a period by now.

"You got him good, Delia." My dad joked and I faked a smile remembering the real nature of my relation with Tobiah. 

"Dad if you excuse us now, we need to congratulate Helena's parents, give them our gift and leave. We have a busy day tomorrow and we might even get our hands on a new project in London." I informed feeling exhausted of today's events and pressure.

"Okay, but remember to visit us. Bring Tobiah with you too." My dad offered but deep down I knew that he is starting to map a new plan to test out Tobiah and his real intentions.

"Sure, I will" I promised kissing my dad's cheek and pulling Tobiah away through the crowds. 

Spotting Helena and her parents standing near, I directed my steps to them. Opening my clutch I picked my present for them. I bought the lovely couple plane tickets to Hawaii and I also made a week reservation for them in one of its greatest hotels. Helena's parents are really close to me, I consider them my second family and want all the best for them.

"Carl and Ellie , happy anniversary." I yelled hugging both of them at the same time.

"Thank you so much Lia. We are glad that you made it." Carl spoke first and his red headed wife nodded in agreement.

"You are more than welcome and I happy to be here. Ellie this is a gift from us." I informed pointing at Tobiah who calmly saluted them and introduced himself as my "boyfriend".

"You didn't have...We threw this party just to celebrate with the people we love." She uttered explaining and I nodded in acknowledgement.

"I know but you two deserve this. Think about it as a second honeymoon." I clarified pushing the envelope in her hands and as soon as she opened it she yelled in happiness.

"Oh My God Cordelia , you are truly the best! " the nearly sixty years old woman yelled hugging me tighter than needed.

"Mum, I am still here." Helena huffed playfully making her dad laugh.

"I...cann..not ...Breathe" I managed to say hardly and Ellie finally let go of me.

"Thanks again, Lia." Carl said trying to calm down his hyper wife and the two couldn't look cuter; an exact definition of true love.

"You are more than welcome. Hope that you will enjoy it." I repeated offering them a small smile: will I ever find such love?

"We will" Ellie assured making me smile brighter.

"Now, we must leave. We have a busy day tomorrow. Oh and Helena you might take the morning off since the party is still going." I talked and Helena copying her mother's earlier action jumped in happiness. How can they be this energetic all the time?

"Thank you, thank you , thank you..." my best friend repeated then Tobiah and I waved them goodbye wishing them a great night.

Our walk out from Helena's party was comfortably silent. I am glad that Tobiah did at times consider my need to recharge. After the blasting loud music, all I need now is my bed and Jay. I miss my dog . The only time I can spend with him is when I am off or on weekends. Today because of the party, I lost three precious hours of play time with Jay.

"So, five?" Tobiah finally broke our silence after minutes of driving and I would be lying if I act shocked as if not expecting such question.

"Yeah, on my first day of school. My first kiss was actually stolen by a boy named Luca. I don't know why he did it or why in his age he didn't think girls have cooties. All I remember is that I spent the day crying because he kissed me. I always heard my mother saying that a girl's first kiss should be special and mine wasn't. Dad also tried to get the boy expelled ..." I remembered laughing at the memory of my dad freaking out because I got a boy to kiss me when I was merely five.

"Poor Mike. He had to scare away guys since you were five." Tobiah said and laughed.

"When was you first kiss?" I dared asking and Tobiah actually took a moment to think about it. How can one not remember their first kiss?

"I was fourteen with my first girlfriend ever and on our first date." He informed smiling at the memory.

"That sounds cute." I gushed and he surprisingly shook his head in denial.

"I was nervous and she had braces. We both didn't know how to kiss so it was mostly painful. I swore off kissing for months after it." He revealed and his face got a shade paler making me laugh at how both our first kisses didn't go as well as we wanted them.

"Well, you came a long way..." I joked patting Tobiah's shoulder.

"Are you finally complimenting my kissing techniques, princess?" Tobiah playfully asked stealing a quick glance at me making me blush a little.

"Maybe, maybe..." I teased seeing his goofy smile.

"I will take it." He replied speeding off making me smile.