Two meanings

Hello, I am back

How are you guys. Hope you are doing great.

If any of you are Muslims then "Happy Mawlid"

The goal this time is 80 comments, maybe?

Thank you guys for everything.

Keep on smiling because you are truly awesome.

Cordelia's Pov

After the phone-call we decided to ignore each other fully. We went back to being professional and regardless of the charged atmosphere we continued with our day normally. I may dare to say that we went back to being a mere "Boss" and "Assistant". Tobiah kept himself busy with new contracts and I charged myself with reviewing the budgets of this month. I can feel his angry glare upon me from an hour to another but I ignored him.

I will never obey the rules set by an emotionally unstable guy! 

Also, if he is done with the contract so am I.

By the end of our day, Tobiah walked to my office and in a gruff rough tone announced that we are to leave in two minutes. He did not spare me a glance and I did not reply to him. I just made a call to Helena then grabbed my bag. Knight is still dropping me home, since  I did not drive myself here. He is also obliged since we still have an image to behold , in front of all, that  at least till we stage some breakup. 

Calling Helena, I begged her to ride with us. I am in no mood to stay alone with the blond Grinch. Elena though whined endlessly about her jeep and how she cannot leave it alone, in the "lonesome" park lot of the company. That girl does treat any object or animal as a human: she apologizes to tables when hitting them or the door after slamming it loudly. Her car is also named Blair and it is considered her first born baby. Promising her that one of the drivers will drive Blair safely home and even give it a wash, she finally agreed. Though, she threatened to scrape my car if anything happens to hers. 

"Helena is coming with us." I announced as I met a rigid looking Tobiah.

"What happened to Blair?" He asked keeping a formal facade on.

"Nothing...I just want her with us." I honestly informed gaining a silent nod.

His footsteps became louder as he stomped his way behind us to his car. He usually tried to open my door but this time he didn't. Climbing into his side,Tobiah kept on being silent. Helena tried to start some talks but all ended in awkward silence. The poor girl gave up grumbling how stupidly stubborn both of us are being and went on her phone.

"Tobiah?" I asked as he parked in front of my apartment.

He flinched out of surprise not thinking that I will talk to him ever again, or at least not today. His blue eyes looked unusually dull making me shiver. His hands were still on the wheel as if his mind is begging to him to escape. This is far from the Tobiah that  I knew well and fake dated for a while.

" You are suppose to answer her with a yes, at least." Helena broke the consuming silence that grew between us.

"Yes?" Tobiah grumbled though did not pay Helena any attention.

His gaze was set on me and me alone. It looked charged of anger and other different emotions that I cannot tell. I shook my head and looked back to the street ahead of us trying to ease the nerves rising in me. I might regret my next move as it feels wrong and painful but it needs to be done.

Grabbing my bag, I opened it to reveal some papers that the three of us knew way to well. Tobiah's eyes followed my smallest move. Heat rose in me and I felt my skin burning as if I am doing something bad. Tobiah's eyes doubled in size realizing what the papers were and Helena cried a hushed no.

"What are those?" He questioned with an anxious tone.

"Our contract." I simply announced eyeing the inked papers remembering how all of it started. A small bitter smile played on my lips and I felt tears gathering in my eyes...Must be the pregnancy hormones! Lia you are stronger than this! 

"Why did you bring them up?" Knight asked his eyes softening at the papers as if the same memories that I was having crossed his head.

"I think that you should keep them since my part of the deal is done.My parents aren't going to push me to marry Henry, since he announced his engagement. Grandpa will also have to give up his wish and maybe I will find love other where. You though still haven't got your Lana back. I won't know when to break our deal. So keep the contract with you and maybe after your date with Lana just tear them. Do me a favor though and informe so I can know how to act if she ever drops by...We also need to stage a break-up. See, I told you both that this will get messy but you wouldn't listen." I ended sighing and a solo little tear made its escape no matter how I tried to hold it back.

"Lia...I...But" Tobiah seemed out of words as his warm hand found its way to my cheek holding it lightly and wiping the tear away.

"If you are thinking about this rice-grain, then I decided to keep it. I can be single mother. It sounds challenging but th guilt of killing it has been consuming my soul. The baby  is in good hands I promise. I will probably ask Helena as I trust her most to take care of the company while I work from home for few months. I will also start the project of a nursery in our company all mothers should be allowed to bring their babies with them so they can check on them whenever. Oh, going back to Lana if you also don't want to acknowledge it, I won't oblige you. I can handle it. However if you want to play a part in its life then you know my address and you can check on it whenever your heart desires." I ended my pre-made speech in one go then tried to collect my breathes. Surprisingly wetness is all I felt on my cheeks and Tobiah's hand fell next to me. He looked shocked and out of words. He probably hates me by now but it is for our best.

"Cordelia ...It is n...I" He tried to mumbled and seemed frustrated with his own inability to form a coherent sentence. 

"It is okay, Tobiah. We always planned for whatever this is to have an end. Twelve or two months, it was always coming to an end." I reminded taking his hand in mind and offering him small smile.

He , this time, tightened his hold on my hand and offered me a small agreeing nod. He did agree to this and now an urge to cry loud and hard shook me. I need to be out of his car fast. Why does this feel like a heartbreak? We were never really together and parting ways shouldn't be painful to him or me. 

Lost in my own troubled mindscape, I didn't see Tobiah leaning in. I only felt warm lips resting on my forehead and a familiar smell enveloping my senses. My eyelids fell close right then and my eyes pooled in tears. I tried to keep them in but they flowed as Tobiah's kiss lingered a little. The feel of his body close by made me safe and warm. As as he moved though, I nearly groaned in heartbreak.

I admit it I like Tobiah.

From this day forward though, the verb "Like" will be in the past tense .

I will move on forward. 

He  has a life of his own.

I will also build one for me and my coming baby.

"Goodbye Tobiah." I murmured as he pulled away and all three of us knew that those words had two meanings:  your normal goodbye and another loaded one.