Prologue

Women with an unsatisfactory position in their dream career who are also married to a man that struggles to keep the marriage afloat, tend to be desperate. Desperate for change, attention, and purpose. Luckily, I don't experience such feelings - but I was frustrated. Though I do feel bad for the affair I'm having on my husband, his touch rids me of all my frustrations. He has magic hands. When his hands caress the small of my back to when he places his hands on the inside of my thighs to gain access; the effect is the same.

As I lay here, in bed with a man who now only takes from me, I stare off into the distance thinking about the relationship Michael and I now share. The interchange in this affair is far greater than I have ever experienced in any romantic relationship I've had prior. And to be frank, my sexual needs have never been satisfied with such ease, with nothing expected in return.The telephone rings throughout the living room, if I were asleep, I would not be able to hear the subtle ringing noise all the way from my bed. I swing my legs swiftly, off the edge of the bed. My fast actions are responded with a few erratic movements from my husband. I slow down my movements as I lift the satin sheets from my bare legs.I tip-toe out of the room, my feet hitting the cozy texture of the faux fur carpet before being shocked by the cold wooden floor. My feet stick slightly to the wooden floor, causing a slight suction noise. I grab the door handle and turn the nob entirely to the right before pulling on it, attempting to make as little noise as possible. Unfortunately, the door creaks loudly, and I turn to see if it awoke my husband. Once I realized I hadn't, I continue heading to the phone. The phone stops ringing for a brief moment before it continues to ring.

My feet touch a cozy carpet once again, indicating I'm in the living room. I reach forward, to the nearest wall and flick the light switch upwards. I grab onto the home phone quickly, bringing it up to my ear as I sit down on the leather love-seat."Isabelle" he breathes into the phone. I can sense his smile, and goosebumps form at the thought of it. 

"Michael.." I speak into the phone slowly.

"I'm sorry I'm calling so late," Michael pauses. "You must be exhausted from work," he trails on.

"Michael, it's fine. I've been restless and haven't fallen asleep yet. My feet are too sore," I whine as I reach down and deeply message my barefoot with my spare hand.

"Oh, my sweet Bella, you'll get a message from me in due time," he coos.

I chuckled lightly in response. "Sounds perfect," I grin at the thought of his fingers soothing my skin. Seconds of silence passed us. "So is there a reason you called? I didn't know you would be calling tonight" I ask as I take my hand off of my sore foot and correct my posture in the chair.

"Other than to hear your voice, I have some good news to tell you" he responds giddily.

I laugh at his tone of voice. "Oh yeah, what is it?" I ask, intrigued.

"The lawsuit didn't go through," he says happily.

"Michael, I know this. I've known this for days," I laugh at his lack of knowledge. The fact that he didn't expect his own lawyer to know about the details of the case makes me shake my head. His silly personality brings out the carefree, playful girl I once was in my youth. He never ceases to make me laugh, and smile for that matter.

"What!" he exclaims. "Why would you not tell me?" he questions sombrely. I can sense Michaels pout.

"I've been busy, I'm still trying with the new case. I apologize," I speak in a sympathetic tone.

"Still trying to get the cases you deserve from Nathan?" 

"Sure am" I speak with an attitude, glaring into the distance, telepathically directing it at Nathans sleeping body.

"Well, before you forget about little old me, what do you say about coming over to celebrate our victory?" he pauses. "So I can thank you for all your help," he speaks seductively into the phone.

"How could I refuse Michael Jackson" I smile as my finger tangles between the phone cord.I hear a big clash in the kitchen, so I stop my conversation with Michael and hold the phone close to my chest. I listen to the quiet mumbles from Michael through the phone.

I soon hear the floorboards creak, the sound is coming in my direction. I glance down the hall and notice that the bedroom door is wide open. I gasp at the realization and turn to place the phone down. As I turn, I feel a presence before me."So that's who has been getting all of your attention. I thought I married a woman with enough class to not mess around- let alone with a client. Clearly, I've married a slut" Nathan's voice booms throughout the house, causing shivers down my spine.

My eyebrows furrow at the last comment and soon shouts were heard from the phone beneath me. "Don't you dare call Isabelle out of her name!" Michael shrieks.Nathan hears Michael's comments as clear as day and charges towards the phone. He snatches the phone out of my grasp and holds it to his face. 

"You don't know what you have just started, Jacko. Anything you've experienced from the media will never amount to what is going to happen to you now. You will be done, Jackson, done!" Nathan screeches before slamming the phone down on the console

'You and I can get in a lot of trouble, girl.'

Seems like what Michael had told me from the beginning is finally coming true...