Reconcile

"Aww, baby you make me fall in love with you. Now I don't know just what I'm gonna do. Aww, honey, I looked out into empty space and all I saw was your sweet face. Love, love, love, you can't imagine what you did to me, aww baby. And love, love, your love every time you smile it goes through me, all the time"
Love, Love, Love By Donny Hathaway

"So let me get this straight," I squeal into my hand as I try to contain my shrieks of laughter. Michael nods with a grin that is most definitely attempting to seal his giggles, as well. "You have willingly become a wheel-chair bound priest for a disguise, all the while, you bargained a 'deal' off of an antique dealer for a 6-figure painting of Apollo riding a horse" at the very end of my sentence, my shrieks sound, the reiteration of his ridiculous story is too painful not to laugh at.

"When you put it like that!" He laughs in a high pitch, only making me laugh harder at his cackles. "You gotta see it sometime" his smirk grows as he places the transparent glass to his pink lips.

"Yea, I do. It's got one hell of a story to it" I take yet another swig, mentally making a note for this to be my last glass.

"We should head back to my room, then."

My eyes widen like saucers, and I hold the glass to my lips longer than needed, so that I can think of a suitable response. He laughs terribly loud. "My god, are you ever embarrassed," his feet stomp as the laughter consumes him. "It is hanging in my bedroom, Mrs. Scared-Of-The-Moon," he teases with his tongue poking out.

"Hey!" I slam my hand down while maintaining an open- smile. "I was five," I squint.

"Shivering and shaking, there lay a child, scared of the moon" he sings between laughter.

With a roll of my eyes, the laughter gradually dies off. "Just take a photograph of it, will you?"

He smiled as he shook his head, humorously. "No, that's pitiful, it's not the same. I have more than a painting at my house, darling."

My eyebrow arches. "Oh, yea? Like what?" I question.

He leans back into his chair and taps his foot repetitively. "You really aren't a fan," his moving lips form into a smirk. I just shy away from the statement as I await his response. "It's a ranch, thousands of acres. It has a train, a zoo, rides, theatre, you'd love it."

"It sounds like a play-park," I giggle. "My younger cousins would love it, but I'm more of a pool with a waterfall kind of woman" I tease his choices for what sounds to be a large mansion.

"It brings out the child in all of us, you can't tell me you won't like it until you arrive," he leans, so his face is closer to mine. "I have many pools, one has a waterfall. After you've inspected the painting you can spend your time in the pool, until you prune up like an unwrapped mummy," He begins to laugh at his comment. "That'll be a look."

"Oh shut up, you're just trying to get me to your house. And in your bedroom for god sake!" I can't hold in my laughter at his attempts to sway me to his home.