Forceful

"Give the chance, I need to let you see"
Give Your Love By Stevie Wonder

As I walk alongside the desk, Michael's eyes lock onto my frame. I glance at him a few times and let out a laugh at his expression. When I halt next to his chair, he stares up at me with a broad grin. "The suit looks nice on you, Mrs. Shae."

"Thank you, green looks nice on you," I compliment.

I place the file in front of him and bend down to be level with his ear. As I get closer to him, I notice his breathing has hitched. "They're going to try to get to you, just stick to the truth, and I'll be right there" I point to the chair located in the very right corner of the board room.

I back away from him, and his gaze returns. "You're going to stay the whole time?"

The left side of my lips tugs upwards. "It's a couple of hours long, but I'll stay. If anything, I'd only be leaving for water and such."

His teeth show, and his eyebrows prop upwards. "And bathroom breaks," he adds. I let out a laugh that catches the guards attention. I quiet down, all the while Michael is in what seems like- deep thought.

 "Can I have bathroom breaks?" He questions with a serious expression.

My nose scrunches up as I pinch my bridge with my thumb and pointer finger. "Yes.." I chuckle. "You can have bathroom breaks." He nods in understanding.

I put my hand on his shoulder. His eyes dart to my touch, he looks flustered. "Good luck," I grin.

As I swivel on my heels, Michael's voice chirps. "This won't be too long, will it?"

I turn back towards the seated man in his tailored suit. "It will, a few hours usually, why?"

"At the pediatric medical center, I had told them I would be there at 3. They're so excited, I would hate to let them down" his head drops.

I almost coo at his words, but I decide against it. I glance at my golden watch. "That'll be enough time" I respond vaguely and start to walk to my seat.

He sends a wink in my direction before snapping his head towards the prosecutor. I flush red in hue and murmur to myself as I walk into the distant part of the room. He said he would be professional. What were you thinking, Bell? Putting your hand on him, complimenting him. You're the unprofessional one.

I sit on the chair and assess the number of bodies in the room. I don't seem to keep count as my leg starts to bounce and my fingers fidget.

Michael isn't looking in my direction, but I know he can see me- a blurred outline of me, at least. His head is angled in such a way that his peripheral vision allows him to see my anxious bouncing. Upon the realization that I can be seen, I take a deep breath in an attempt to stop my nervous habits.

From the windows I can see Nathan walking with two suited men and a giddy woman, the conversation they are having is clearly intriguing Nathan, it's clear by the amount of attention he is offering to her.