Paper Cuts

"Only trying that I do is trying my hardest"
Is There More By Drake

Michael Jackson's Point Of View:

"I will no longer tease you about being whipped for her, Mike" Lionel shakes his head absentmindedly as he looks off in the direction of Isabelle's office. "She is fine," he whines with his eyes clenched and his hands in fists.

I purse my lips as I wipe off my backside from being on the floor. "Well, I'm thrilled you like Mrs.Shae," I smile. I start my long strides towards the luxurious wooden-paneled office. The large office is in the center of the firm and isn't a far distance from where I am.

Over the sounds of ringing telephones, I hear footsteps directly behind me. "Come on, don't give me that passive-aggressive shit, Mike," Lionel says as he catches up beside me. "I'm just playing around" he chuckles.

I turn my neck slightly to the left to allow me to roll my eyes without Lionel noticing.He is getting annoying, I think to myself. "Lionel, it's fine," I smile, followed by a soft chortle.

The tension between Lionel and I is broken by the sound of knocks on the hard-wood door. I turn to the right and notice Frank's arm is extended and his rounded fist is the culprit of the hard knocks.

The knocks are responded by frantic rustling inside of the room. "Just a minute!" a heaved voice shouts out. Lionel turns, and he shoots me a confused expression. I shrug in response.

The door opens, and a flustered Mr.DeMarco comes to view. With his hand on the door and his body partially blocking the entrance, he looks down to what looks to be a pretty expensive watch. I stare at the clock before lightly tapping Frank's side. "I need that" I whisper.

Mr.DeMarco runs a single hand through his slicked hair. "I am so sorry gentleman, it seems that I have lost track of time," Mr.DeMarco chuckles. Frank shoots a look of disapproval. 

"It's alright man, happens to the best of us," Lionel pats his shoulder.

As the men continue their small talk, I hear rustling from the back of the office. I go on my tip-toes as I lean forward to inspect. In the room, there stands the woman I saw Isabelle talk to before she entered the boardroom yesterday. The woman has dirty blonde hair and striking blue eyes. Once I notice her appearance, I suck my lips in to hold back a chuckle. Her ponytail has many stray hairs on the crown of her head, and her skirt is quite noticeably disheveled.From my peripheral vision, I notice Lionel starring at me. He quickly follows my gaze and sucks his lips inward, as well.

 Frankie joins in our gaze and gulps. "Oh, I'm so sorry, please come in," he says, flustered.

The woman turns with her papers in tow, I offer her a smile as she continues to stand in her place. I laugh when her jaw drops slightly. My gaze goes to her hair, then quickly returns to her eyes. She flushes with red and smooth's her stray hairs with her hand. Her actions leave little to my imagination to what just occurred before we arrived.

We all continue to follow Mr.DeMarco to his desk as the woman walks towards the door. As she passes me, our eyes lock. She stares at me in awe before Mr.DeMarco lets out an erupt cough. "Please, Ms.Smith," he smiles at the lady. "Stay," he gestures at the cushioned bench to the side of the room. Lionel and I exchange looks at his request. I can sense that this will be a topic of discussion after this brief meeting.