Lanky Legs

Michael Jackson's Point Of View

 Eddie's tired eyes stare up at one of my largest animals, admiring it's towering structure. "Do you think the giraffe will bite me if I feed it?" Eddie chirps as his feet kick around a rock.

"No, he won't bite" I take a deep breath before holding it. I swoop down and pick the small boy up into my arms. I hold him high, and his palms slowly open, revealing a pile of Cheerios to the animal.

The giraffe slowly eats it off of a giggling Eddies palm-adding to my torture. I shake Eddie's sides to urge him to speed up the feeding process. A scarf-baring Melina puts a palm to her mouth at sight. "Darling, I think you should-"

"Aaaaah-Chooo" I sneeze loud into the poor boy's ear. In reaction to the startling sound, my giraffe's head perks up before he gallops to the other side of the enclosure. Eddie, on the other hand, hops out of my grasp and begins to shout in agony.

"What the heck, Applehead!" He scorns while his tiny hands rub on his affected ear.

"I'm-I'm, aaaah-cho, I'm sorry," I giggle as he stares at me with an angered look no one can take seriously. "I'm allergic to my giraffe's and horses" as I walk away from the massive fence.

Eddie's face contorts into a humorous frown while his eyebrows furrow considerably. "Why would you have them, then?"

My series of sneezes continue as I breathe freely. Melina shakes her head with a grin as she makes her way to my side. She pulls out a familiar white pill, and I swallow it with urgency, before answering my dear friend. "Thank you," I choke out, before turning to face the boys. "I don't know," I glance at the tall mammal inside the enclosure. "They're pretty to look at, don't you think?" Eddie nods in admiration as he stares at the giraffe, as well.

"Well, you aren't, with snot dripping everywhere," Frankie's hands begin to pull out a polaroid from his spring coat's pocket. "Your girlfriend would love-" his photo and sentence are disrupted as I start to run after his cheeky ass.

"I'm gonna annihilate you, Frankie!" I yell as he continues to try and snap a photo of me from behind his shoulder.

Eddie joins in on the fun and places his little foot in front of mine. Because of my fast speed, I trip and land straight on my face. I groan as I roll onto my back, only to hear a loud snapping noise from above me. "Aha!" Frankie exclaims before high-fiving his young brother.

"Come on, boys, settle down!" Melina's hand wraps around my own and supports me as I stand.I comb my long hair with closed eyes and wipe off the dirt on my trousers with my spare hand. 

A Cheshire grin etches onto my face when I look down to my watch. "Well!" I exclaim with a clap. "Time to go to the airport boys, I've had you long enough!" I joke, but the boys find it less than humorous.

Their mischievous smirks somber down into a thin line. "Okay," they respond weakly.

I follow their footsteps closely, feeling wrong with how I put their departure. I'm not happy about the boys leaving, I just thought with the current mood and all it would be- It's no use, look what I've done! They look as if they're about to shed tears. "Oh, no.." I shake my head. Melina comforts me with a smile and lightly pushes me forward with her palm. "Hey boys," I interject myself between them, interrupting their quiet murmur. "I didn't mean that. I'll miss you guys terribly," they look up at me with their puppy-dog brown eyes, urging me to wrap my arms around their shoulders that conveniently act as armrests. "I truly don't want neither of you to leave, you know that, right?" I squeeze their arms.