Soothe

"You're looking too good for me not to jump all over you"
Jupiter Love By Trey Songz

Warning: Slight Sexual Content

Isabelle Shae's Point Of View

My eyes are wide as I continue to stare at the door frame that Michael was just clinging onto. My eyes begin to feel dry, so I blink. I shake my head lightly and look elsewhere. A part of me is in shock... another part of me is furious.

"I am not star-struck, and that's why he is pursuing me," I pace back and forth with small strides. "He can't stand that a woman he finds attractive isn't drooling at his Imperial leather loafers," I speak out loud with a scoff.

"What about Imperial leather loafers?" a voice chirps. I jump at the sound of a familiar voice. I turn with a startled expression on my face. 

"Cheyenne, don't do that" I take deep breaths as my hand grips at my chest.

Cheyenne walks into my office and shuts the door behind her. "My bad, Isabelle," she laughs. "I overheard big boss man talk to Michael Jackson about you. When I saw that you had returned to your office and were talking to him, I was internally screaming," she sits down in the wooden chair. "What were you guys talking about, hm?" Cheyenne leans, and a smirk pulls at the corners of her lips.

I disregard her question because her first sentence intrigues me. "What did DeMarco say?" I question.

She looks at me before looking upwards and leaning back into her chair. "Uhm, something about how you are one of the best in the firm," she said as she continued to think.

I let out a single chuckle. "Kind words," I chime in.

"DeMarco also said that you are overjoyed to have his case, that you require exposure to cases like Michael's," she says.

My playful smile fades into a harsh expression. "Who is Michael Jackson to speak for me?" I say out loud but direct it to myself.

"Do you want to know how Michael responded?" I nod in response to her question.

"He said that he is more than glad to give you the exposure you deserve, but that you didn't look thrilled during the meeting. He asked DeMarco if any work-related stresses are affecting you. DeMarco was kind of taken aback at his interest, as was I. DeMarco told Michael that your husband had snagged a case you had been looking forward to and that you are disappointed. I didn't hear much after that because Jenkins assigned me some paperwork," she finishes her sentence and takes a deep breath in- in hopes of catching her breath.

My teeth clench together, something I have been doing far too much today. "DeMarco is far too friendly, does he know anything about privacy?"

Cheyenne laughs loudly. "Isabelle, he was talking to Michael Jackson it's kinda difficult not to give him what he wants. Superstars have an effect on people," she smiles playfully.

"He's still human, he just has different talents. He is no better than you and I.." I drag on.

"Yeah, I guess you're right about that" Cheyenne agrees.

Cheyenne's head snaps in my direction. "Oh yeah, I almost forgot, how did the chat with Nathan go? I thought you were going to work the case alongside him," she asks with an arched brow.I scoff, and my gaze shifts to the side. "He shut the idea down straight away," I grip onto the wooden desk. 

"It's almost as if he doesn't want to see me succeed," I speak sombrely. I am not the kind of woman that shows her emotions regularly. Instead, I bottle them up until they start to overflow from within me. My frustrations with the men in my workplace only add to my biggest disappointment - not being able to advance.