Chatter Box

Warning: Slightly graphic sex scenes.

"Should I call her now?" I question as I look down at the little printed number in my hands.

"Wait a little while," Melina swats my chest. "Don't wanna look too desperate, now, do we?" Her accent rings in my ears as she walks out with the Vacuum wheels squeaking behind.

The library doors shut, and I am left to my abundance of thoughts. I lean my head back far, making my skull touch the wooden trimming. My eyes go wide as I remember seeing a certain someone strolling alongside Isabelle's husband this morning. I need to find out what that's about.

I grab onto the console beside me and dial in the numbers I have dialed so many times, that the 7 digits are engraved into my memory.

"Hello?" The feminine voice giggles, obviously distracted by whomever she is around.

"It's Michael."

"Oh, Michael?" Bed springs squeak, and the sound of feet hitting the ground is evident.

"Do I have bad timing?" I intertwine my finger with the cord, it contrasts against my skin.

"No, no. Well.." she drags on. "Yeah, yeah you do," I join her chuckles. "Well, what is it?" She asks with a sudden urge.

"I was just wondering why you were at the law firm today, I saw you while I was having my deposition."

"Oh, did it go well?" She dodges my question, something she does far too often now of days.

"Typical.." I chuckle. "What were you doing at the law firm, are you in trouble?" Worry fills my voice, as situations begin to fill my thoughts. I readjust on the couch and wait for a response, preparing myself for a vague one.

"Michael, this is not the best time to talk about all of this, alright? I have company. I hope you understand."

I nod, as a quiet sigh escapes my clasped lips. "Kay, I understand."

"Thank you," she whispers.

I roll my eyes, there will never be a time missy isn't busy. "Hey... I love you" I quickly add, I try my hardest to keep my irritation in, but it cracks through against my will.

"Love you too, bye."

The phone rings in my ear, as the phone line goes dead. I drop the phone back onto the console.I sigh and look up at my books, my paintings, and some blank canvas. There is so much for me to do, but there is only one thing I want to do.

My feet tap as I become impatient... I continue to stare at the artwork before me, an antique painting of the bathing of Apollo, to be exact. The intricacies usually catch my attention for quite a while, but my mind continues it's continuous thought. How gorgeous Isabelle would look with her long legs on display, her dark chocolate complexion contrasting with a silk sheet that barely covers her voluptuous hips, now that would be captivating, to say the least. And her face, my lord, the symmetry stuns me, not to mention her eyes that hold so much emotion a whole landscape canvas couldn't capture.