18¥

xviii

xviii. Fight for her
Kyrie

I sat outside of the principals office with an ice pack on my hand and stared blankly at the lockers in front of me.
I'd been waiting to punching Klay in the face for awhile, I'm just glad I had a reason this time.
I heard footsteps walking towards me but I ignored them until I saw someone standing right in front of me.
"What the hell Kyrie!?"

I looked up to see Asia standing there.

I rolled my eyes.
"What do you want Asia?"

"Why the hell did you fight Klay!"

I looked up at her and scoffed.
"Why do you care so much? Is it because he's the guy that you've been talking to recently?"

She paused and stood still.
"What are you talking about?"

"Jas'mariee told me. She told me everything."

"She had no right to tell you that."

"You had no right to hurt her like that."

"Me and Klay have nothing to do with the fact that you could've gotten kicked off the lineup for fighting him. You know how pissed dad is going to be-"

"I know Asia, but Klay was acting like a dick and irritating the fuck out of me." I shrugged.

"Did you do it because of Jas'mariee?" She questioned.

"Why does that matter?"

"Because I don't want you doing stupid shit because of her."

I chuckled.
"I feel like you forgot that you guys were best friends before you slept with her boyfriend and did it slip your mind that I hate Klay?"

She rolled her eyes, ignoring the last part.
"That's besides the point. You're my brother, you're the one I care about, not her."

I leaned back and sighed as she sat next to me.

"What are you and Jas'mariee?"

"What do you mean?"

"Like..are you guys dating?"

I shrugged.
"I don't know..we're not dating. I know that for sure. I guess, we're friends.."

To be honest..I'd never allowed a girl to get this close to me so I didn't even know what she was, I just know she meant enough for me to defend her.

Asia sighed and stood up.
"Well...be careful with her okay?"

"Why?"

"Isn't it weird that your Klay's archenemy and right after they broke up she was all up on you and now your fighting Klay for her. It doesn't add up." She shrugged, walking away. "I'll see you at home?"