12¥

xii. Sick Day

Kyrie

"You have reached the voicemail box of-"

I sighed and hung up. Jas'mariee hadn't been at school today and I didn't know wether she still wanted to meet after school for the project or not. She wasn't answering any of my calls and Ayesha said that she hadn't talked to Jas today either. I hate to admit this but I was actually a little..worried..

"Come on Kyrie! You haven't touched me in over a week. I need you." Kayla whined as I walked towards my car from practice.

I sighed and looked down at my Rolex.
I was late to Jas'mariee's house to finish this paper. She was going to kill me and get that adorable angry pout that she always has.

"Kyrie! What bitch are you thinking about?"

"No one. Listen, I can't today Kayla. I have to get somewhere."

"Where? You fucking someone else?"

I rolled my eyes.
"I have homework."

"You better not be ditching me for that ugly bitch Jas'mariee. Because I swear to g-"

I stopped her.
"First of all don't call her that. Second, we're not together Kayla. I'm not obligated to give you my time or tell you who I'm spending it with. So hop off my dick and hop onto someone else's." I said, getting in the car and starting it.

Jas'mariee

I groaned and coughed, forcing myself to take some medicine in the kitchen.
I had been sick for the past couple of days but today it hit me hard and I couldn't even force myself to get ready to get ready for school, so i stayed home and I've been in my sweats all day surrounded by tissues and trash cans. I quickly swallowed the liquid and grimaced at the disgusting after taste. My parents had gone out earlier, saying that if I still felt like this that they'd take me to the doctor. I sighed and considered calling them but decided against it as I heard a knock on my door.
"Jas!"

I raised an eyebrow, recognizing the voice.
"Kyrie?"

"Yeah." He said through the door. "Are you good?"

I sniffled and opened my door.
"Yeah, I'm just..I stayed home today."

"You still want to work on the paper?" He asked,

I shook my head.
"Not really up to it right now Irving."

"Are you okay?" He asked, raising an eyebrow and noticing my sickly demeanor.

"Yeah." I sniffled. "I'm fine."

He walked in and dropped his bag.
"No you're not.."

"Kyrie I'm fine. I promise you." I groaned, sitting on the couch.

I coughed and kept coughing for a straight 5 minutes and then fell back weakly on the couch.

"Shut up. I'm staying here." He said, taking off his jacket and dropping his keys. "Where are your parents?"

"Ugh. Why do you care so much? You don't have to stay. Go out. The project can wait."

"Nope. I'm staying." He said, smiling at me, knowing that he was just defying what I said.

I sighed and rolled my eyes.

"Where do you guys keep your thermometer?"

"It's in kitchen cabinet, on the second shelf."