31¥

xxxi. Missing You
Kyrie

"I almost forgot you were from North Carolina." I chuckled, biting into a slice of pizza as me and Dani sat in a small pizza diner.

She nodded.
"Yep. Duke is in my future but I haven't gotten a scholarship from them so.."

I nodded and checked my phone, noticing that Steph had texted me.

Baby faced Assassin👹: Yo I saw Jas today...

Wym? Like..she's with you?

Baby faced Assassin👹: Obviously not dumbass, she FaceTimed Aye, but as soon as I popped onto the screen she hung up.

Damn...how is she?

I knew she was a mess when I left, and I hated leaving her like that, knowing that I practically ruined her entire break and I couldn't even help.

Baby faced Assassin👹: She's actually happy, she's been hanging out with somebody.

I furrowed my eyebrows. Who has been making her happy? It better be no one else but Savannah.

Savannah?

Baby faced Assasin👹: Nah, Sav been dealing with family shit so it's definitely someone else but Aye won't tell me.

"What's wrong?" Dani asked.

I put my phone down and sighed.
"Nothing."

"Something to do with Jas?"

I gave in and nodded.
"Yeah, she's hanging out with someone back home but I don't know who."

"You think it's a guy?"

I nodded.
"I think so.."

She sighed.
"Hopefully you can handle this when you get back."

"Hopefully. This is a nice pizza joint though."

"Yeah, I always came here when I was little. My home away from home."

"Where do you want to go after this?"

"There's a carnival not to far from here." She shrugged. "Wanna hit it up?"

"Sure."

Jas'mariee

I looked down at my ticket for the movie Halloween. It was a new movie in theaters and one thing that me and Paul shared in common was that we loved horror movies. We sat down in the middle, a perfect view of the screen.

"Your not scared are you?" He smirked.

"Are you?" I chuckled.

"I can't wait."

The movie was actually really good. It had pieces of all the original Halloween movies in it. There was one scene when he popped up on the babysitter and I jumped, letting out a small squeal. He wrapped his arm around me with a smile.
"I knew you'd get scared."

I rolled my eyes and smiled.
"Shut up. That was one scene."

I chuckled and leaned my head on his shoulder looking up at the movie as his hand laid lazily on my thigh.

Kyrie

Me and Dani were having a sing-off in the car.
We were blasting the song 'Yosemite' by Travis Scott. We bopped our heads to the calm song as we pulled up to the small carnival.