29¥

xxix. Miserable
Jas'mariee

Three days...
It's been three days since I got embarrassed in front of half of the entire school. I hadn't left my room since I came home from the party. I only stopped crying yesterday. I think I might've ran out of tears honestly. Hazel and Ayesha stayed with me until they had to leave for their individual vacations. The guys tried to visit before they left but I didn't let them in. My parents asked what happened and I didn't tell them but Ayesha eventually revealed what happened. My dad wanted to kill Kyrie but I told him not to. Kyrie...he visited multiple times and is still blowing up my phone but I haven't talked to him since I left the party. My mental state was pretty shitty and I just needed time away..from everything..

I groaned and sat up, happy that my blinds were closed and my room was still dim. I didn't reach to grab my phone, instead I just grabbed my TV remote, opting to watch Netflix. The first movie in my recommend was a Netflix original called Someone Great. It seemed like a sappy generic breakup movie and that's just what I needed. I played it and leaned back on my pillows, grabbing the bag of gummy bears that I had been depending on for the past two days. As I was halfway through the movie, there was a knock at my door.

"Mi amor?"

I knew it was my moms voice and sighed.
"You can come in."

She walked in and gave me a sympathetic smile.
"Sweetie, one of your friends is here."

"¿Quien es?"

"Some boy named Paul."

I groaned and nodded.
"Okay let him up."

Why the hell was he here?

I heard his heavy footsteps up the stairs and I noticed him standing in the doorway. I didn't look towards him, I continued to watch the movie in front of me.

"Hey Jas.."

"Hi.." I mumbled, still paying attention to the movie.

"I know you're not okay but are you feeling any better?"

"No." I chuckled bitterly. "I'm not."

He nodded, sitting at the foot of my bed.

"Why are you here Paul?"

"I know the girls and the guys are all on vacation. I just wanted to check on you. Make sure you were okay which you obviously aren't." He said, referring to my current state.

My hair was a mess, I was wearing old worn out pajamas and my room hadn't been cleaned in days.

"You have to get up Jas. You can't be cooped up in here for two weeks. You have to go out."

"I don't have to do anything.."

"Well I want you to, because I'm bored and none of my friends are here, so..come on." He said pulling me up. "Let's go out."

I pulled away and pouted.
"No. I want to stay here and watch sap movies and eat bad food by myself. Now leave me alone."

He sighed and stood over me, pulling the covers off.
"Come on, get up."

I crossed my arms stubbornly.
"No."

"Jas'mariee."

"Paul."

He sighed, contemplating what to do before I felt his hands reach for me and start tickling me. I tried my hardest to hold my laughs in but I was sensitive.
"Fuck! Stop!" I laughed loudly.

He smiled as he knew he had cracked me.
"There's a smile." He said, stopping.

I caught my breath and sighed.
"That's the first time I've smiled since the party."