45¥

xlv. Prom Woes

Prom!The event every senior looks forward to, plans months for, and loathes

Prom!
The event every senior looks forward to, plans months for, and loathes. I had been so caught up in drama that I forgot prom was in a matter of weeks and I had nothing planned. No outfit, no hairstyle, no shoes! Plus, no date. Me and Kyrie have been okay but we still haven't made anything official again. I had heard Hazel gush about Draymond's popping the prom question, I was amazed with Steph's promposal to Ayesha, and the entire school had seen Lebrons promposal to Savannah. I had wanted that moment for me and it was dawning on me that I might not get it.

"Jas!"

My thoughts were broken by Hazel's voice.

"You awake?"

"Yeah, my bad I was zoning out." I sighed, pushing my books in my locker.

"When are you getting your prom dress Haz?" Ayesha asked.

Hazel shrugged.
"I'll probably go sometime this week."

Ayesha nodded.
"Same. When are you going Jas?"

"Whenever you guys go."

"Yes!" Hazel squealed. "You never go shopping with us. I can find you something sexy for Kyrie."

I chuckled.
"I don't know about that.."

"What do you mean?" Ayesha asked.

"He hasn't asked me yet."

"So," Hazel shrugged. "Maybe he just thinks since you guys are together your automatically going."

"Steph did a promposal for Ayesha and they're practically married."

"Okay okay. I still think you guys are going together."

I shrugged and grabbed my bag, closing my locker and walking with them to our classes.

Kyrie

"I need your help man." I asked, leaning against LeBron's locker.

He chuckled, pulling his books out.
"With What?"

"I want to ask Jas to prom, like officially but I don't know how."

"Take her on a date, do something romantic, and then ask her it's not hard."

I nodded.
"I don't even know if she wants to go..with me atleast."

"Why wouldn't she?"

"I don't know, we're still a little distant."

He shrugged.
"That's to be expected, but I'm sure she's waiting on you to ask her. Especially since prom is like two weeks away."

"Yeah. I know."

"Your a simple guy, do like a romantic dinner."

I nodded.
"Okay. Okay."