20¥

xx

xx. Game Day
Jas'mariee

"Yo! Did we live the same childhood!?" Paul laughed as we walked to lunch together.

I smiled and shrugged.
"It seems like we did. Because I clearly remember getting so mad at the yellow teletubby that I threw my dunkaroos at the TV and messed up the screen."

We'd been getting to know each other and realized just how much we had in common.

"I did the same thing."

"So aside from our childhoods, you'll still be at the game tonight?"

He nodded.
"Yeah, you are too?"

I nodded.
"Of course. I wouldn't miss the first game of the season."

Kyrie had been talking about it all week and I promised him that I would be front row for it. He'd been pretty nervous though, even when we talked this morning..

"Ah look who has finally arrived." Hazel smiled as we walked up to the table. "And she brought a friend."

"Hey guys." I sat down and taking a sip of water.

Paul dapped up Draymond and Steph, as they'd gotten to know each other pretty well since Paul came.

"Back to my birthday plans." Hazel smiled.

My eyes widened as I realized that Hazel's birthday was in 3 weeks. She'd barely mentioned it since and she usually plans a month in advance.
"What are you doing?"

"I don't know." She shrugged. "I'm thinking something small."

I furrowed my eyebrows.
The word small was not in Hazel's vocabulary.
"Small-"

"Yeah, you should do that." Draymond nodded.

I gave him a questioning look and he gave me a look back that said 'just go with it'. I shrugged and let go of the conversation.

"Y'all are weird." Steph chuckled, with his arm around Ayesha.

"How babyface?" Draymond joked.

Steph shot Dray a glare before talking.
"That weird nonverbal communication y'all got going on. Y'all look at each other and it's like y'all are talking but no words are coming out. It's weird."

"You pay to much attention Curry." I smiled, taking a sip of water.

"I notice it too." Ayesha chuckled.