44¥

xliv. Champions

 Champions

Kyrie

I finally slipped my jersey on after warmups, pumped with adrenaline, I paced back and forth in the locker room until LeBron walked up to me.
"You ready?"

"As ready as I'll ever be." I shrugged.

His phone pinged and he smiled.
"Savannahs here. I think the other girls are here too."

I nodded as he stood up and walked out to the hallway. I could hear some more conversations and could tell there was more people out there. Steph walked past before stopping.
"Uh, Jas is out there, in case you wanted to see her."

I did.
"I'm good. I need to focus, my mind is racing."

"Maybe talking to her will calm you down." He shrugged, walking out.

I sighed, and thought about it before finally just deciding to just go out there. I looked around seeing the various couples then I saw Jas talking to Klay. They did their weird little handshake, before Klay turned to walk back into the locker room. Jas was about to walk into the gym when I called out her name and stopped her.

She turned with a smile.
"Hey, you ready?"

"I don't know." I sighed.

She furrowed her eyebrows and looked into my eyes.
"Why are you so stressed?"

"I just have a lot on my mind."

"Just relax. You guys have this in the bag especially you mr. starter."

I chuckled.
"I don't know-"

She placed her hand on my cheek and looked into my eyes, before leaning in to kiss me.
"Calm down. You got this." She smiled before turning to walk away with the rest of the girl's.

I smiled and turned around, bumping into Steph.

"Damn, someone got you happy?" He chuckled.

"Yeah, I'm ready for this game."

He smiled and dapped me up.
"Let's get it."

Jas'mariee

"Fuck yes!" Hazel screamed as Draymond dunked on the opponents basket.

It was the end of the third quarter, Mitchell High was up by 13 and our side was starting to quiet down as our opponents hit the shots that we missed. Most people were beginning to think that we were going to lose. I knew we weren't, we had multiple clutch players that came alive when it really mattered. I knew how bad the guys wanted this championship, they weren't going to lose this easily.
There was a timeout before the fourth quarter, and I left to use the bathroom. As I was walking back to the gym, I saw Paul sitting on a bench at the opposite end with his head in his hands. For a moment we locked eyes before he turned away and sighed.

"You okay?" I asked, wondering why he wasn't in the gym.

"I just needed a breather."

"What's going on out there?"

He shrugged.
"I can't..get my head in the game."

I nodded.
"I just wanted you to know that I forgive you."

His eyes looked up.

"We're not friends or anything but I forgive you. I'm over it. I just hope that you're able to help them out there. They need you."

He gave me a small smile and nodded. I walked back into the gym to see that the deficit had gone down but we were still down. I looked down and saw Kyrie standing at the free throw line. He looked somewhat frustrated, and I couldn't blame him. Once Paul came back in, Coach subbed him in for Klay. Kyrie inbounded the ball to Draymond as they jogged down the court. Draymond passed the ball to Paul who crossed up one of the Mitchell high guards and dunked the ball into the hoop. A loud ring of applause ran from our side of the gym as Paul yelled in excitement, getting the rest of the guys a little bit of needed energy. By the last minute of the fourth quarter, the score was tied. Mitchell High inbounded the ball but LeBron stole it and passed it to Kyrie who stopped at the three point line and let it loose. We all watched in anticipation before cheering loudly as the ball swished into the hoop.

"Oh shit!" Ayesha yelled, as all the boys huddled up cheering, as they lifted Kyrie up.

"Your mans won the game!" Hazel chuckled.

"Shut up!" I smiled.

The boys got their trophies, and took pictures as we all started to leave the gym. After all of us waited for the guys, they soon came out of the locker room to a bunch of cheers. Everyone immediately went to their family or significant other. The guys met up with their family before walking over to us. Steph embraced Ayesha, Dray embraced Hazel, and I gave Klay a big hug.

"Congratulations!" I smiled as Klay chuckled.

"Thank you. It almost didn't happen." He smiled.

"But it did that all that matters."

"We're champs Jas!" Draymond yelled, lifting me up.

I chuckled.
"I can tell!"

He put me down as I gave Steph a hug, I looked over at Kyrie who was still talking to his family. The boys were talking to their families and I was pretty tired of all the excitement so I asked hazel if I could sit in the car. She gave me the keys and I walked out, thankful to feel the cold air outside. I leaned on the outside of her car, checking my phone before unlocking it when I heard footsteps coming towards me.

"No congratulations..?" Kyrie smiled, walking up to me.

"You were celebrating with your family. I didn't know if you wanted me to interrupt."

"Of course I would, you helped me get in the zone before the game. You're kind of the only person that can help me do that."

I nodded.
"I'm glad I could help."

"Look, I hate this.."

"What?"

"This grey area we're in. I know I've been giving you the run around but I just needed time to think properly. I'm not mad at you, I really miss you Jas.."

I smiled.
"I miss you too."

He walked towards me and held my hands.
"So we're good?"

I chuckled, looking up at him.
"Yeah."

He smiled and kissed me.
"I love you."

I kissed him back before pulling away.
"I love you too. Congratulations by the way. You're a champion."

"I'm a champion because I have you back baby."