16¥

xvi

xvi. I'm Over Him

"Talk?"

"Yeah, I need to talk to you."

I scoffed and moved away from him.
"No-"

"Stop running from me! You've been ignoring me for weeks. I just want to talk." He sighed, making me stop in my tracks.

"Alright. Alright. Stop. Lets..let's go."

I followed him out to Draymond's backyard deck and I crossed my arms.
"What?"

"I just want us to be how we were before, I miss you so much. What are you trying to prove by being with Kyrie huh? Trying to make me jealous?"

I scoffed.
"What?"

"You hated him before we broke up now all of a sudden you guys are soulmates? Shit doesn't add up Jas."

"Why can't you just accept that another guy is making me happy? Don't I deserve that Klay!"

He sighed,
"I can make you happy.."

I scoffed and rolled my eyes.

"I can! I was making you happy before! I messed up but if you give me another chance-"

"Stop. I..I can be friends with you but you betrayed me Klay..you slept with my best friend! Not even some random bitch.." I sighed, holding back tears. "My best friend.."

"I know that and I'm sorry, but-"

"No buts, you're lucky I'm even offering to be friends with you. Take that and be happy." I said, walking away, but not before I felt his hand pull me back.

"Does he really make you happy?" He asked lowly.

I sighed and looked him in the eyes.
"Yes. He genuinely makes me happy."

He looked down at my arm and nodded.
"Look me in my eyes and tell me that your completely over me and I'll leave you alone."

"I-" I couldn't look him in his eyes and blatantly lie to him. It wasn't within me to do that. "I can't.."

He smirked and pulled me closer to him.
"That's what I thought." He mumbled before placing his lips on mine.

My eyes widened and before I could pull away another voice rang behind me.
"Leave her alone Thompson," The voice said, pulling me towards them. I looked up to see Kyrie and smiled. He wrapped his arms around me protectively and he looked up at Klay with narrowed eyes.

Klay chuckled and rolled his eyes.
"I'm going anyways. My date is probably looking for me." He sighed, walking away.

I let out a sigh of relief and turned around to Kyrie.

"You good?" He asked.

I nodded.
"Yeah. I'm good."

"What were you guys talking about? It looked serious.."

"You were watching us?"

"No. Well I was looking for you, then I saw you through the door,"

I sighed and shrugged.
"Nothing important." I said, turning to walk back into the party.

"Wait." He said pulling me back. "You sure?"

"Yes. I'm done with Klay. You know that."

"Do I?"

I scoffed and sighed.
"You know what..I'm over this party..can we go please?"

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

The faint tune of Try Me from The Weeknd played in the car as we pulled up to his house. We hadn't said a word to each other since we left the party, and the tension was high.

"I'm sorry Jas.." He said, pulling the keys out of the ignition.

I continued to look out the window, zoned out until I felt his hand tighten on my thigh, immediately snapping me back to reality. I slightly jumped turning to him.
"What?"

"I said I'm sorry for the 1000th time. I didn't mean to make you mad, I know how sensitive you can get-"

"I wasn't sensitive." I sighed, "The way you said 'Do I?' Made it seem as if I still wanted to be with him, which I don't."

He chuckled and sighed.
"I feel like your trying to convince yourself that you don't like him rather than saying how you truly feel." He said, getting out of the car.

I got out as well and walked over to his side.
"And you all of a sudden you can read my emotions?"

"You're not exactly good at hiding them Lopez. I know you better than you know yourself."

"You don't know how I feel. I don't even know how I feel." I mumbled.

"I do know. You still like him. You don't want to.. but you still do, I'm practically a rebound to you." He said looking me in my eyes.

I bit my lip and looked back down.

He sighed and shut his eyes.
"I knew it. When are you going to get over him?"

I looked up at him.
"I already have Kyrie."

"No you-"

I leaned in and connected our lips together, feeling an instant wave of joy wash over my body as he pulled me closer to him and kissed back. I quickly pulled away and smiled.
"I told you I've moved on."