Savior

"BANG!
        Nothing; you felt nothing. 
        'Why didn't I feel anything? Did it reset? Whats going on?'
        "THUMP" Something had fallen onto the grass.
You stopped clenching your teeth as slowly opened you eyes. The man who previously held a gun to your head was now on the ground-
Dead. The pistol laid on the wet grass beside him. Relief flooded your body as you sigh with relief, taking your arm and wiping the thin layer of sweat covering your forehead. 'That. was. close.' Looking back down at the lifeless body made you a little upset. You were pretty mad at him for almost killing you. As a bit of revenge, you kicked his head a couple times. 'Asshole.' Blood splattered over your favorite shoes and the very bottom of your pants, but you didn't really care; This guy deserved it. After a few minutes you began to process what had just happened: This guy was going to shoot you, but somebody shot him... and it wasn't you. 'Who shot him? Were they trying to save me?' You scanned around the area, but no one was there. You found it to be fairly odd. You walked back over to the man to grab the pistol and any other supplies he had on him. The only thing you found besides the gun was a lighter. Seeing as it could be useful later, you slide it into your pocket. 
        It was finally time to leave this area and go about your original task: shelter. The sun was beginning to set. It was truly magnificent; going from a red to a magenta like color that just faded into the deep blue of the night sky above. It was only a matter of time before the sun was completely out of view, and it would become to dangerous to be outside. You walked for about 10 minutes until some houses came into view, along with a few zombies here and there. They were about 10 times as scary when you knew they could actually harm you. The closer you got, the more you wanted to pull out your gun and shoot them because their groans were utterly terrifying. Of course that wasn't an option, for it would surely get you killed. The zombies began to close in on you, making you panic. 'I didn't even check to see if there were any bullets in the gun!' Your heart was beating fast and you were possibly defenseless. That's when a zombie grabbed you and started to pull you towards its mouth, trying to get a chunk of some fresh meat. You freaked out, lifting you leg up and kicking away the zombie. It stumbled back, let out a loud grunt, and fell over, bending its arm in an irregular fashion. The sight of it gave you a small sense of pain but you just ignored it. The zombies were getting closer, and you were running out of options. Thinking fast, you yanked the gun out of you pocket and started to shoot. 
        "Bang! Bang! BANG!" Three dead. You turned around; There were some zombies behind you, but they were scattered. If you killed a few of them, you could make it out of here. Your ran up to them and raised your weapon once more: "BANG! CLICK! CLICK! CLICK!"-It was out of ammo. 'Awh, FUCK!' You screamed. 'Maybe I can still make it through that!' You ran toward the small gap between two zombies, who must have been patrol officers. They reached their  rotten hands out to you, trying to catch and reel you in for their next meal, but you barged through them fast. You continued to run, but fell yourself grow tired. You stopped and realized you had run into a forest... with zombies scattered through out the trees in the distance. You dashed through the trees, brushing past a zombie here and there. You were so focused on getting out that you didn't realize the fallen tree in front of you. You tripped, feeling a sharp pain in you ankle. It felt as if someone had stabbed a sword into it and then pulled it out. You screamed as you held onto your foot with your shaking hands. There was no way you could walk, let alone stand. You laid your back against the tree, panting. Zombies responded to your scream by stumbling towards you. 'I am so fucked! GOD DAMMIT!!! I'd rather be shot right now than be torn apart by these things!' You frantically searched for anything. That's when you noticed one bullet laying in on the ground beside you. 'Where the hell did that come from?' You tried to see if it was the right kind for your gun by putting it in, and surely enough it fit. You placed the gun up against your forehead, fingers trembling on the trigger. Tears were rolling down your cheeks. You were going to die alone. 
        "Don't make me regret letting you have the game." A familiar voice warned. 
        "Cr-CRY!?"