The End? Part 1

Your watched in dismay as his eyes shut. “Ash?”
        Pewds poked your shoulder, but you didn’t even flinch. “U-Uh…” He stuttered. “I-I t-think.” 
        "He’s fine.” You spoke through gritted teeth, causing him to stiffen.
        “(Y/N)...” Cry warned. It was obvious to him how this was going to turn out. You didn’t care though. All you could think of was what Ash had said.
        “He… Ken was one of them.”
        Those words wandered around aimlessly in your mind, like birds trapped within concrete walls. What had he meant by that? There was something eating away at you, as if you knew the answer, but you just couldn’t quite put your finger on it…
        “Oh gawd.” Pewdie groaned, gaining your attention as he ran his hand through his greasy hair. “What are we going to do about Matthew? When he finds out Ash is-”
        “He’s fine.” You hissed, shooting the swede a glare so fierce he cowered, tears filling the rims of his eyes. He looked like a scolded puppy. “Matthew isn’t important right now.”
        "Hold me Cry!" The swede whimpered, clinging to the masked man like a cat.
        Cry released a frustrated sigh. “(Y/N), seriously!”
        “He wasn’t supposed to die like this!” You shouted, your eyes watering with hatred. “I wanted to… he was supposed to die by my hand-”
        “Hey!” Cry smirked. “What about me?”
        You just rolled your eyes, a smile creeping its way onto your lips. “That’s not what I meant!”
        “I know,” He shrugged. “Seemed to help the situation though.”
        “I guess.” You replied, your glance falling on Pewds, who was still clutching Cry’s hoodie, his cheek snuggled against the warm fabric. Man, the fangirls would go insane.
        “What?” The swede asked in confusion, no longer afraid.
        “You two are absorbable!” You cooed jokingly at the thought of their ship, also referencing YGS. “You know, if me and Cry weren’t together, I’d definitely support PewDieCry 100%.”   
        “Oh, shut up!” Cry replied defensively. He pointed Pewdie. “It’s your fault I have to deal with this!”
        “HEYYYYY!!!” Pewdie shouted in response to the insult, earning some laughs from you both.
        Suddenly a large bang erupts from behind you. The three of you spun around to face the door. A large crack streaks from the bottom left up to the the door knob.
        Pewds looked straight at you. “Did someone-”
        “Just kick the door?” You whispered back.
        “Cry? (Y/N)?” Minx’s British accent rang from the other side.
        “Felix?” Marzia called.
        “Yeah?” Pewds replied. “What?”
        “What are you doing?” Both girls asked.
        “Where’s Ash?” Matthew questioned venomously, clearly annoyed.
        You narrowed your eyes as if Matthew could see them. Cry turned your chin with two of his fingers. “Hey,” He whispered sweetly. “It’s alright.” Then his fingers dropped and he lifted his head, his gaze now on the cracked door. “We’re in here, come on in!”
        “Yeah, we already tried that.” Ash replied sassily. “You locked the door.”Needless to say you were ready to punch the kid and rip out his vocal chords, but rather than get into deeper shit, you answered him with a casual “Oh.” and walked over to the door. You didn’t remember locking it, but just shrugged it off as you opened the door. Matthew immediately shoved past Minx and Marzia and shoved the door so it knocked against the wall, chipping off some of the grey paint.
        “Someone’s in a mood.” PewDiePie muttered. You and Cry nodded in agreement. You watched as the boy charged up to you, tears threatening to spill from the pools in his eyes.
        “What did you do?” He croaked.
        You averted his gaze, turning to look at the bloody corpse that was still slouched in the now stained wooden chair. You stared down at your hands, which were also covered in the red substance. “W-We-I-I-”
        Hearing him so weak made your heart shatter. For the first time ever, you felt sorry for Matthew. You were so blinded by anger and the need to avenge your fallen companion that you weren’t able to see the facts. Matthew wasn’t cruel or stone-hearted; He was just a teenage boy trapped inside a videogame, a zombie apocalyptic one at that, trying to survive and protect those he trusted. The apocalypse changes people, and it definitely changed you. Out here, its eat or be eaten; you can't just trust every human you run into.You were never really welcoming to Ash, let alone Matthew. It's impossible to imagine the kind of pain and fear that you had brought upon the couple, and now you had made it even worse for the boy by taking away what may have been his only sense of security.
        The boy had reached his breaking point, his body shaking and tears streaming down his puffy cheeks. Jagged breathes and shaky sobs echoed throughout the room. After what felt like forever, you lifted your head up to see Matthew staring at you with both rage and sadness. “He didn’t even do anything to you!” He rasped out. “You didn’t even give him a chance to tell you.”
        “Tell us what?” Minx asked as both her and Marzia made their way over. Matthew ignored her, staring straight at you with his sorrow filled eyes.
        “Do you know the truth (Y/N).” He spoke with a newly found confidence. “Ken, did he tell you?”
        No answer.
        Pewds furrowed his eyebrows in confusion. "What are you talking about?"
        Again, Matthew just ignored the comment, refusing to break his focus. "What did he tell you?"
        "I-I don't remember..." You mumbled.
        "What was that? Speak up, please." He said with the uttermost attitude.
        "I don't fucking know!" You hollered.
        "Bullshit!" He spat, his wet saliva spraying onto your face.
        "Ew!" You scowled, raising your hand in disgust to wipe it off. "Thanks."
        "Goddammit." The boy sighed irritably. "That's not the point. Just answer the freaking question!"
        Minx narrowed her eyes. "Why do you care so much?"
        Matthew spun around so fast you practically fell over. You could only imagine the deathly glare he must have shot her way. “Why?” He jeered. “I think I have a right to inform (Y/N) on the information that Ash would have told her before she decided to murder him.”
        “We did not kill him alright!” Cry countered, sending Ash spinning around once more. The boy looked like he was ready to cut Cry’s throat open and rip out his vocal chords.
        Cry raised his hands up in defense. “Alright, we may have planned on it, but we didn’t actually do it.”
        Matthew turned to face everyone. “Well who the fuck did it then? Which little shit killed my fucking boyfriend?” The boy growled, anger radiating off his body like a microwave.
        “Alright!” You screamed, making everyone jump in surprise. “All Ken told me when I first found him was that he had escaped his previous survival group.”
        Matthew's scowl morphed into a confused expression. "That's all he told you? Wow, well he sure was lying 'bout that."
        "Hey!" You and the others shouted defensively in unison. "Ken would never lie to us."
        "Well, he definitely did." The boy laughed, sending waves of anger shooting through you.
        Minx marched up to Matthew, poking her finger harshly into the center of his chest. "Who the fuck do you-"
        Matthew casually pushed her hand away. "Allow me to explain:" Everyone fell silent, listening intently for the boy to say something offensive about the bearded man. "Okay, good. You see, Ken was a part of a “group”, but they weren't really a survival group, as Ash and I found out.”
        “What kind of group were they then?” Marzia interrupted.
        “I was getting to that!” Ash snapped, making the Italian flinch. She scurried her way over to Pewds for comfort. “Alright then. As I was saying, Ken was apart of the game’s workforce.”
        “So? What’s wrong with that?” Cry asked.
        “You guys don’t know anything do you about this game, do you?”
        “Nope!”
        Matthew facepalmed. “I’m surrounded by idiots.”
        This started an uproar amongst the youtubers. They all began arguing, insulting each other and just being obnoxious. You soon drowned them out with the memories that raced around in your head:
        ‘“What happened to them?" You asked, a bit concerned.
        "Well, they started talking to some other group one day, and eventually joined them. I refused to because of the things the group did. They just went around kidnapping and killing other survivors, and I didn't want to be a part of that."’  
        ‘”Cry is going to pay for what he did to me, so I'm going to kill you first. And then, when PewDiePie is all weak and depressed, I'll kill him off to. I continue to kill all of Cry's beloved friends until he experiences the pain I had and still do endure.”’
        ‘You gave him the death glare. "Why are you keeping all of us here, if all you want is to make Cry suffer? What did Cry even do to you!”’
        ‘“I want him to know what its like to be me.”’
        ‘"Well, I would assume to kill him. I mean, the guy did run off.”’
        Ken.
        Your stomach churned, your head pounding at the sudden realization. You instinctively went over to Cry. He was currently fighting with Matthew, saying that the boy had no right to barge in here and mess with everyone. Matthew countered by claiming that you had no right to just kill off his boyfriend.
        “You’re boyfriend was the one-” You poked Cry, interrupting him mid-sentence. The masked man turned to face you. “(Y/N)?” He asked, his voice becoming softer as he spoke to you. You stared at him, overwhelmed with sorrow. Matthew glared at you, but now was not the time to be bothered by it:
        This may be your only chance to say goodbye.