It Isn't Real...

Darkness. That's all there is. You can tell you're awake, but you can't see a thing. Because of this, your senses are enhanced, allowing you to notice things you wouldn't on an average day. The room smells like cleaning products, but also a faint blood scent, leading you to assume someone tried desperately to hide it. There’s something cold beneath you and something tightly across fastened around your stomach. Both of theses are as hard as a rock. You wouldn't be surprised if they were metal. There's this tugging feeling of another presence in the room. You try to open your eyes, but it doesn’t work; it’s like they’re sewn shut. In attempted to pry your eyelids open, you lifted your arm, only for it bang into a hard surface.  “Ow!” You hiss as you instinctively reach to cradle your bruised arm with your other arm, only to get the same result. Refusing to even attempt to move your legs, you let your hearing take over as you lay against the cold surface. The room itself is quiet, but beyond the walls you can hear a faint noise. You tried to shout out for help, but your throat muscles weren't functioning and your lips refused to part, as if they were sewn shut as well. So you are forced to lay there in an unknown place.  Eventually, as the sounds get closer and closer, you begin to hear men arguing:

        “You are so dead man!” One of them said.

        “Shut up Steve! You’re in just as much trouble as I am!” The other one snapped.

        “What the fuck Elliott! How am I involved in this?!” The man, whose name is clearly Steve, bluttered out. You could just picture him flaring his arms in the air as he said this.

        "Dude seriously? You're the one who broke the other chamber!" The other man, Elliott, argued.       

        "Oh yeah!" Steve shouted in sudden realization.

        "Yeah, dipshit!" Elliott growled "Now help me get this machine running before the boss shows up or we'll both be screwed."

        There was no reply from Steve, just the click of a few buttons and something heavy sliding. It must have been a door of some sort because their footsteps were much louder now, and you could sense their presence in the room. The sliding came back, meaning that the door had shut behind them. You started to feel uneasy being in a room with 3 people, which you knew nothing about. You didn't even know if the third one was alive...

        There was a large thud on the floor by the sliding door, followed by some clattering on the opposite side of the room. The clattering sent a chill down your spine and you would've jumped if you weren't as stiff as a board. "Shit." Elliot cursed. You heard one of them, most likely Elliot, shuffle over to the clattering noise. Meanwhile, back by the door, something was starting to get unzipped. It only lasted a second before the unzipped item was pried open. "Hear," Elliot called from the other side "shove this in the bag would ya?"

        "Just toss it here." Steve replied. A moment later you heard the object make impact with his hand as he caught it. He shoved it in the bag, the item clanging against other things within the heavy bag. Then the bag was zipped back up and Steve grunted and slowly walked over to Elliot. Another large thud was heard, indicating he had dropped the bag. The man let out a sigh of relief as he did so and then slightly clapped his hands, as if ridding them of dust."What?" He said defensively "It was heavy!"

        "Whatever bonehead! Let's just get to work." Elliot replied, definitely annoyed with his colleague. The bag was unzipped again and there was ruffling as they dug through the bag.

        "So do you think the boss got that guy?" Steve asked as they stopped searching.

        "I don't know." Elliot muttered "Probably. He is pretty powerful."

        "What do you think he wants him for?"

        "Well, I would assume to kill him. I mean, the guy did run off. Why would he want him to work he's just gonna leave again?"

        No. It can't be....

        Your stomach was knotting up and your throat grew soar.

        "Yeah. I guess you're right." They begin banging their equipment on something metal. Each pound sends a sharp pain shooting through your brain and you wince. You tried to hold back the tears.

        Then the sliding from the door was back. You felt a couple new presences.

        "What are you doing?" A familiar electronic voice shouts. But this time it isn't polite... its angry.

        Steve began stuttering. "B-Boss! W-We were just-"

        "Nothing!" Elliot shouted frantically, interrupting Steve.

        "What did you idiots do to my machine!?" The voice boomed, echoing in your head just like your last encounter.

        "It was Elliott!" Steve blurted out as if the information would save his life.

        "Virus-er-sir! I didn't do it! I swear it was Steve!"

        It was silent for a moment before something landed with a thud, skidding against the floor. "Deal with him." Virus commanded and the sliding door opened. "Oh, and if you ever lie to me again, I'll have both of you're insides ripped out." With that, Virus was gone.

        You're eyes shot open as you gasped for breath. "I really need to stop fainting..." You groaned as you laid on the surprisingly comfy twin bed. You didn't even question how you ended up here because you knew it had to do with your friends. You sat up, swinging your legs over the bedside, and used your arms to spring yourself up onto your feet. The blood seemed to drain from your head instantaneously, leaving you feeling very lightheaded. "Fuck." You muttered, falling back onto the bed. There's no way you're getting anywhere like that. Then you started thinking about your dream; about how paralyzed you were. And then there was Virus and...

        No it couldn't be real.

        Its just a sick joke.

        He's...

        Your throat tensed up and you're eyes began to water. You tried to swallow the lump in your throat, but it just got worse. You tried so hard to fight back the tears, but they just began pouring out and you broke down.

        Then you realized something you had forgotten;

        Ash killed him.

        Rage boiled up inside of you, turning your sorrow into seething anger. You were so angry that your tears should have evaporated into steam. Your frown turned to a scowl as you remember letting him get away with Matthew during the fight. Why hadn't you just killed him then when he was harmless?

        Suddenly you got a sinister idea. Your scowl twitched into a smile as you plotted your revenge.

        Ash was definitely going to pay.