A Phone Call with an Angel

A/N this is to catch anyone up who skipped the last chapter~ Dean has a few new bruises on his ribs and chest, and he has a black eye. Cas asked about it, but Dean didn't want to tell him, and when he kept asking he snapped, but now things are a little rocky.

That's pretty much it, so.... Continue.

~~~

Brrrinnnggg.

Dean's phone rang. The caller ID read "Angel". Cas, he thought. After a minute of wondering whether or not he should pick up, he ultimately decided he should. Cas was already probably mad at him from their earlier mini-fight, and he did not want to add to that anger.

"Hey, Cas," Dean said quietly. He was nervous that his boyfriend only called to go off on him, and then break up with him. He was going to do everything he could to avoid that.

"Hello, Dean. I just called to apologize for earlier. I should've dropped it the first time you said it was no big deal, but I pushed you. I just want you to know that I care about you, Dean. I care about you a lot. And you can tell me anything. Anything at all. I won't judge you. Ever." Cas' words made Dean's heart flutter. Maybe I should tell him, he thought, he sounded serious when he said that he wouldn't judge me.

"Uh, actually Cas, I decided I do want to tell you. But you have to promise not to tell anyone. Do you understand?" Dean knew he was going to regret this later, but he had to get this off of his chest. Cas was the only person on the planet, other than Sam, that he trusted.

"I understand, Dean. I promise not to tell anyone." Dean heard Cas say through the phone.

"Ok, well, here goes nothing. My dad did it." He said fastly. For a while, the voice on the other line went quiet, and Dean thought that telling him was a bad idea. Then, it spoke up.

"Oh, um... I-I thought Crowley did it to you. You know, since the whole Dodge ball incident." Dean had completely forgotten about that, but now that Cas brought it up, he made a mental note to get Crowley back. Maybe he'd put a dead rat in his locker. Not like it would affect the smell coming from it anyway. Speaking of payback, he also had to get Sam back for the itching powder. Cas had been distracting him from his growing hit list. He made another mental note to get Sam back. He already had his revenge plan forming.

"No, but I'm ok. Really. And Cas?" Dean said.

"Yeah, Dean?"

"Can you maybe, not tell anyone? Please? I don't want my dad getting in trouble. He didn't know what he was doing and he's all that I have left." Dean said, with a little hint of sadness in his voice.

"As long as it doesn't happen again. Ok? And Dean?" Cas said.

"Yeah, Cas?"

"Can you promise to be honest with me from now on? About anything." Cas said. "I care about you, Dean. A lot."

"Okay. I promise. I love you, Cas."

"I love you too, Dean."

~~~

Yoooooo sorry that the chapters are spaced out more and more lately but it seems like I can only write this at one in the morning. Also, the next chapter will be sooner since I already have an idea for it.