Softball

- "You're looking sweeter than a donut."

"Can you please explain what's going on?" Whizzer asked. The two sat on the couch and Marvin told him everything that had happened.
"I need somewhere to stay." he mumbled. He hoped Whizzer wouldn't make him leave.
"You can stay here if you need to." he offered. Marvin just smiled, before he heard someone upstairs.
"Who's here?"
"Just my dad."
"Will he be okay with this whole thing?"
"Oh yeah. I actually just came out to him about a week ago. He was really cool about it."
"Well that's good. So is it just the three of us tonight?"
"Actually, my sister will be here soon. I don't think you've met her yet."
"Oh that's cool. I didn't know you had a sister."
"She's really sweet." said Whizzer. "Her name is Ilah, and I think you'll like her. She's a good kid."
"If she's anything like you, I'm sure I will." Marvin smirked. He gave him a look, before almost smiling.
"I thought you weren't gay?" he joked, and Marvin groaned.
"Look, I am so incredibly sorry about everything. It was my fault. I shouldn't have done any of what I did." Whizzer stared at the floor.
"It's fine, Marvin." he replied as his father came downstairs.
"Hey Whiz'! Who's your buddy?" his dad was kind eyed man, and Marvin could see that Whizzer looked almost exactly like him.
"This is my friend, Marvin. Is it alright if he stays with us? He came out to his parents and they kicked him out." he explained.
"Oh of course! I'm really sorry about that, Marvin. Well if you're hungry, I'm making pasta." he grinned.
"I meant to ask you, where is everyone? For Thanksgiving?" Marvin asked Whizzer.
"We do more of a 'Thanksgiving Lunch' rather than dinner, so we can have the night to ourselves."
"Sounds pleasant." Whizzer got up to help his dad cook, and Marvin couldn't help but stare at him. He really did miss him, and he hoped Whizzer did too. After a little while, he walked back over to him.
"Come on upstairs. I need to talk to you privately." He followed Whizzer to his room, and they both plopped down on the bed.
"I missed you." said Marvin.
"I don't know how I really feel about you right now. Being here. I want to help you because I do care about you Marvin, it's just, some other stuff came up." Whizzer stared at the floor.
"Is it bad?"
"No, it's fine." He looked back at Marvin. "I'm seeing someone."
It felt like a punch to the gut. Marvin stared at Whizzer, the first boy he'd ever loved. There was no way he could accept that he was with someone else.
"Who is he?"
"His name's Cameron. I met him at one of my sister's softball games. We really hit it off and I asked him if he wanted to go out."
"So you left me?"
"Left you? You broke up with me, remember? I don't belong to you anymore. Besides, you should be glad that you can stay with your girlfriend." It was obvious that Whizzer was still hurt, and that broke Marvin's heart.
"I told her I was gay." Marvin muttered.
Whizzer's head shot up. "Really?"
"Yeah. I couldn't force myself to be with her and I felt bad that I was leading her on. And..I really missed you. A lot."
"Just because you left your girlfriend doesn't mean you can be with me."
"But I did it for you!"
"Well, I'm sorry, but you're too late. I've moved on. Okay?"
"How have you already moved on? I'm sure you've already realized this, but I cared about you. You said you did too, and if you were telling the truth, why are you already done with me when I can't stop thinking about you?"
"Because you told me you didn't love me!" Whizzer was practically screaming. "You said you were confused! You said you weren't gay! And you said you wanted me out of your life, and that's exactly why I left."
"Why the hell would you believe me?!"
"Because it happened to me before!" The pair stared at each other, breathing heavily.
"What?"
"Sophomore year, I had someone use me as their 'experiment'.He said he were gay, he got laid, and then realized that he was 'confused' and left me broken. I couldn't believe I fell for it and I never wanted it to happen again."
"Why did you trust him in the- wait you've gotten laid?"
Whizzer completely ignored his question. "I kept trusting him because I thought maybe he actually cared about me. And when you came out to me and you asked me out, I was so happy to be with someone I really did trust. But you ended up being just like him."
"I wasn't like him. I'm actually gay."
"So is Cameron. You may both be gay and you may both care about me, but Cameron didn't break my heart."
"I love you!" Marvin yelled. "And you're hurting me right now! I know you're still hurt but I also know that you still love me too!"
"How would you know?" Whizzer sneered. "You know nothing about how I'm feeling."
"I know you want me to kiss you." Marvin smirked.
"That's bullshit." Whizzer grunted.
"Is it really?" asked Marvin stepping closer.
"Yes, really. I have a boyfriend." Whizzer said again, but he didn't back away.
"Who do you want? Him or me?" Marvin barely knew what he was doing, but he hoped it was working. Whizzer looked at him, almost disgusted, but the expression quickly disappeared from his face. He almost smiled and stepped closer to him. Marvin knew it had worked. He was about to go in for it before Whizzer spoke.
"I want someone who won't hurt me." He brushed past Marvin and went downstairs to finish up dinner. He collapsed onto the bed in defeat. It was going to be a lot harder than he thought.

1001 words