Fixed

- "Will you go?"

A.N.// ahh 1k reads!!? you guys are incredible☺️💖

"You seriously need to wake up! It's almost 10:00 am!" Marvin grunted.
"Ah, another hour of sleep." yawned Whizzer groggily.
"Your sister isn't here to bother you. She's at a friend's house."
"Damn, this early? Whatever, that means peaceful sleeping." He heard Marvin grunt again.
"Your dad made breakfast." He rolled his eyes as Whizzer shot up straight.
"Great! I'm starving." He rushed past him, and Marvin sighed before following. The two grabbed plates and began eating as quickly and quietly as they could.
"How's your workload been?"
"I know we only just got back, but my teachers haven't exactly been taking it easy on us. It's pretty hard."
"You'll get through it. You're the smartest person I know."
"I hope you only mean academically. I haven't been very 'smart' about other things." Whizzer just shrugged. After a few minutes of chatting, their conversation was interrupted by a knock on the door.
"Who the hell would be here at ten in the morning?" he asked, slightly annoyed.
"No idea." Marvin replied.
"I'll get it." Whizzer shook his head as he walked to the other room sleepily and opened the other room. "Who are you?" Marvin heard him ask.
"Do you know Marvin Bek?" a woman asked.
"Um, yes. He's inside actually. I'll grab him." Whizzer turned to find him already rushing over. Marvin stopped short in front of the door, appalled and angry.
"What are you doing here?" he practically growled.
His mother smiled sweetly. "There you are. I've been so worried about you. Me and your father have come to a solution about...your situation."
"I don't need a solution. I'm doing perfectly fine with this 'situation'."
     "You need your family, sweetheart. We found a place for you. A sort of, group, for people like you."
      "What the hell are you talking about? A fucking conversion camp or some shit like that?" Marvin couldn't believe she thought she had the right to come back, let alone make decisions for his life after what had happened.
     "That's what your father called it. It'll help you! And you know I only want what's best for you." She reached out to take his hand, but he yanked it away.
      "What's best for me?! If you wanted what's best for me you wouldn't have let dad kick me out like that!"
     His mother sighed and rubbed her temples. "Marvin, I don't have time for this. At the time, that was what was best for you. Honestly, I even thought it was a bit much. But we've looked into it and we both really think this will help you."
      "Help what? 'Fixing' me?" he scoffed.
      "No! Honey, you don't need to be fixed. You're not broken. You're just...confused." She smiled and looked up at Whizzer. "It was so kind of you to let Marvin stay here, uh, what's your name?" Whizzer didn't answer. He gripped Marvin's shoulder and his face contorted slightly, as if trying to stop himself from screaming. Marvin's mother stared for another moment, before looking at the two of them awkwardly. "Well, um, thank you, for taking him in while we worked some things through. I'm sure you two boys will be able to hang out more soon." Marvin glared at her.
     "I'm not doing whatever stupid sort of idea you have planned. I'm staying here with Whizzer. His family cares about me."
     "Whizzer! Ah, that's a fun name. And sweetie, me and your father care about you very much. That's why we're doing this for you. And I know staying with your friend must be-"
"Boyfriend." Marvin interrupted.
"Excuse me?"
"Whizzer is my boyfriend. We've been dating again since Christmas and I've never been happier." Whizzer let go of his death grip and wrapped his arm around Marvin, still silent.
His mother huffed. "See, this is what happens. These, these people," she pointed at his boyfriend, scowling, "they just convince you that this is 'okay'. It's not Marvin! You need help. Hell, if fix is the word you wanna use, that you sure need to be fixed. And you are coming home. Now." Marvin opened his mouth, but struggled to say anything. Her words, though he knew they weren't true, hit hard. He stood there pathetically, and when she reached out her hand again, he let her grab him. Marvin knew he couldn't run from his parents forever.
"That's it."
Whizzer swatted her hand away and stared daggers at Marvin's mother. "I have so many things I could say to you, but all of that shit would go over your head, so here's the bottom line, ma'am. Your son is perfectly fine. There's absolutely nothing wrong with him, and I would know. You have completely failed as a parent, certainly not because your son is gay, but because you feel that because he is, he's broken. If you had shown a bit more care for your child, then maybe, I don't know, you wouldn't have kicked him out of your home for being honest with you. My father is perfectly fine with Marvin staying here until you and your husband are ready to treat him like a human being, and who knows how long that could take. So, if you'd kindly get off of my doorstep, that'd be great!" He forced a smile and was about to shut the door before the fuming woman spoke up.
"He is my son! You can't just keep him away from me!"
     Whizzer stepped forward and stared down at her. "If you want to call him your son, then you're going to have to start acting like his mother." With that, he turned and slammed the door, leaving Marvin standing there, mouth agape.

950 words