Sing

- "All I want is you."

A.N.// hi I'm not dead. sorry for not updating I've just had absolutely no ideas for almost a month. this chapter's kinda short but I have better ones planned, so take this mess :)
(also thank you to CabinInThe_Mountains for helping me with this😂 love youu)

     "You okay?" Whizzer asked Marvin after a minute. He had just been standing in front of the door, watching to his mother's car pull out with a blank stare.
     "I'm fine. Really." He turned to look at his boyfriend, who seemed slightly skeptical.
     "You sure?" Marvin nodded in reply. "Okay then. I just- I just wasn't sure, because for a second it seemed like you almost believed.." Whizzer trailed off.
     "I dunno Whiz'. I mean I know what she said wasn't true, and I know that I shouldn't listen to her-"
     "C'mon." He interrupted, gesturing for Marvin to follow him. "I know what'll make you feel better." Whizzer plopped onto the couch, and Marvin quickly did the same. "Wanna watch a movie?"
     "Sure. You can pick." He smiled, and handed him the remote. After a long period of scrolling through Netflix, Whizzer finally made a decision.
"As soon as I saw it, I should've just picked it." He shook his head.
"It would've saved us a whole 20 minutes, too." Whizzer rolled his eyes.
"I still can't believe you haven't seen Mama Mia. It's probably one of my favorite movies ever."
"Didn't interest me. Not really a huge fan of ABBA, so I never watched it."
     Whizzer gasped. "Not a huge fan of ABBA?! You're kidding, right?" Marvin just shrugged. "You might literally be insane. But you'll love this." He pressed play and leaned back as Marvin rolled his eyes.

     Within just a few minutes, Marvin was completely engaged. The singing and the choreography were hypnotic, and each song was colorfully performed. "Do you like it?" Whizzer asked suddenly.
"It's amazing." Marvin replied, refusing to take his eyes off of the screen. Whizzer laughed.
"I know it is. You gotta trust me with this stuff Marvin."
"Okay, okay. You were right. I like it a lot."
"I knew you would." He smiled and wrapped his arm around him. Marvin froze, but Whizzer didn't seem to notice. A minute later he glanced at his boyfriend, who still seemed unaware of Marvin's strange behavior. He wasn't uncomfortable with the current situation; in fact, he kind of enjoyed it.
"Do you mind if I..just..." Marvin stuttered awkwardly as he rested his head upon Whizzer's shoulder.
"You don't have to ask me that, silly." he chuckled. Marvin just smiled as they continued watching the movie. He noticed that while he might not have a clue what the songs were, Whizzer knew every single one. He would hum or sing along, even dance to the upbeat music. One song in particular seemed to spark something inside him. He jumped up as soon as the first notes played, and Marvin couldn't help but laugh.
     "That good, huh?" Whizzer grunted in reply before practically screaming the lyrics, sending Marvin into a fit of giggles.
     "This song is iconic. Dancing Queen is a song for everyone."
     He shook his head. "Not for me." Whizzer gasped dramatically.
     "Marvin Bek, you better get up right now and appreciate this incredible music!" He laughed and reluctantly joined Whizzer. The two danced (if you can call it dancing) together, jumping off the couch and throwing pillows at each other, before falling back onto the cushions as the song ended, breathing heavily. "Are you still going to try and tell me that that music 'isn't for you'?" Whizzer asked slyly.
     "Why do you always have to be right?" Marvin sighed before sitting up. A short while later, he found himself singing quietly with Whizzer as the watched the movie. His boyfriend looked at him and smiled.
      "You have a nice voice, Marv'." he said absentmindedly. Marvin blushed slightly.
     "Thank you! That's sweet."
     "I'm serious. You should sing more often. I like it." Marvin chuckled quietly. He hated how easily flustered he got with him.
     "Maybe I'll try it. It might be nice to do something new."
     "I can look into it for you." Whizzer offered.
     "Look into it?"
     "Y'know, groups, lessons, school choirs. They've gotta have something around here."
     "You're actually trying to plan this?" Marvin chuckled.
     "Well, yeah! You already know how to read music from the band, right?"
     "I guess."
     "If you think you'll enjoy then you should try it! What've you got to lose?"
     "Not much."
     "Exactly." Whizzer grinned. "You wanna finish this?" he asked, gesturing to the TV.
     "Why not?" They refocused on the movie, though Marvin was slightly confused due to the short break. Before he could ask Whizzer for a quick recap, (he most likely had the movie memorized by now), Whizzer had laid down across his lap. Once again, Marvin felt the familiar feeling in his chest as he looked down. Whizzer looked back up at him, and smirked.
     "Love you too, you doof."

789 words