Home, Sweet Home.

Harry POV

"Welcome home, Elle!"

I carefully step inside while holding the baby carrier in my hand, Flo walking in front of me with gifts and balloons in her hands. Claire pops out of the kitchen and smiles immediately spread across their faces at the sight of the baby. I put the baby carrier over the couch, removing the blanket on top of a sleepy Elle and began to unbuckle her.

"Let's get you out of this carrier love"

"Oh my angel is home" Claire smiles, standing beside me as she admires her granddaughter. I take her out and hold in my arms.

"Has she been fed yet Flo?"

"No she hasn't, hand her over to me Harry"

I nodded as I carefully hand her over to Flo's arms. She sighed as she stands up and makes her way to the stairs.
Flo is just now starting to interact with Elle but it's not as much like I thought it would be. I feel like she's starting to pay attention because she feels forced to, not that she wants to.

"Harry, bring those stuff up to my room"

I swing the diaper bag over my shoulder, picking up the baby carrier with the gifts, and start to make my way upstairs.
I don't really know if Flo is truly happy to have our baby home, maybe she's still coming to terms that she's a mother now. I mean, I'm still coming to terms with becoming a father but I seem a bit more happy than she is.
I walk inside her room to find Flo laying on her bed, her top slightly unbuttoned while breastfeeding Elle.

"Just put those things on the ground"

I place all the things on the ground, taking out a small towel from the diaper bag for when she has to burp her. I sit on the bed and stare at Flo with such a blank expression on her face. She just seem so bored.

"So how does it feel having the baby home Flo?"

"It's different. Very different"

"Well of course it is, you're a mother now"

"Yeah I know Harry, you people don't have to remind me over five hundred times a day" she rolled her eyes as I just sighed.

"I'm just saying" I shrugged, watching Flo kinda struggle with getting Elle to latch on her breast.

"This is so frustrating. This takes up so much of my time. I could be catching up on my school work by now"

"Well she has to eat. Plus, the nurse said that breastfeeding creates a special bond between the baby and the mother. So I think it's quite important"

"Well to be honest, I just want to get this over with so I can focus more on my school work. You can burp her and watch her once she's done eating" she shrugged, tapping her hand on her thigh impatiently.