Questions Asked.

Harry POV

"Keep your balance steady, darling"

I kept my hands behind my baby as she was standing on her two feet, keeping her balance on the table.
Today is her five month check up at the doctors office, and I've never been more nervous in my life. This is my first time bring her by myself. Usually, Flo would bring her for all her appointments while I was job hunting but now that I am her only guardian, I have to take on that role.

I would catch a glimpse at the TV in the waiting room here and there, but I was too paranoid at the thought of Elle tumbling over. She was occupied with some toys provided for the kids and she was playing with a toy xylophone. She gurgles, hitting each note louder and louder.

The front door opens, revealing a woman around her early forties, coming in with a little blonde girl.

"Okay honey, lets take a seat"

They both take a seat, two chairs down from mine. Elle gave them a quick glimpse before going back to playing with the xylophone. The little girl gets up and walks over to the table and picks up one of the children's books. She notices Elle making lots of noise, her eyes sparks as she smiles at her.

"Mommy, look at the baby!"

I look up and notice the little blonde girl, realizing it was the same girl I saw at the kids arcade a while ago. Elle smiles at her, slamming her small palm on the table, making the girl laugh.

"Oh, how cute" her mother smiled, looking over to me.

"Is she your sister?"

I bit my bottom lip before shaking my head, avoiding eye contact. Great, that same old question. Adults these days can be very judgmental about teens parents and I don't want to cause a scene, but I don't want to feel shameful for being Elle's father.

"N-No actually, she's my daughter. I'm her father"

Her eyes widen for a second, before nodding and frowning a bit at me.

"I see. Too soon, isn't it?"

"Y-Yeah, it is" I frowned, looking down at the ground.

"Don't worry, I know exactly how you feel. I had my first daughter at the age of sixteen, I was sitting at one of these doctors offices just like you. So I understand, I won't judge you"

"Thank you, I haven't had the best time the last few weeks so I appreciate your kindness" I sighed of relief, smiling at her.

"It's alright. My name is Mandy, and this is my daughter Gracie" she smiles, looking at her daughter as she's passing more toys over to Elle.

"I'm Harry, and this is Elle"

"She's a doll, she has beautiful eyes"

"Thank you" I smiled, looking down at Elle as she giggles along with Gracie.