Chapter 4: Jesse

A lightning bolt staggers throughout my body, and jolting me wide awake. The sudden pain sizzles out, leaving me limp and disorientated as my scattered senses try to make out the world. Pants coming in and out as I begin to panic.

First thing I notice is that I'm laying flat on my back, and as my eyes slowly sharpen up, I try to move. Only for bindings on my every limb to hold me down. I shake my head clear, really putting in effort to ignore the rising panic, and look at the bindings.

Only for my heart to stagger in my chest as I gaze at the obsidian bindings, so thick and strong I have no chance to put any fight against it. I doubt anything could break these bindings.

With panic rapidly taking a firm hold on me, I wildly look around. For anything familiar, even if it's my friends on other tables. But all I see are lab coats, test tubes and papers all about.

Then I spot one man not doing anything, just starring at me with a vile smirk on his face. The temperature drastically drops, as my memory dragging forth the man who 'talked' to me while I was chains. It's this man, that sick and corrupt man.

experiment

My heart explodes with every beat, shear panic blasting through me. I don't know what's going happening and I so scared of it. I can't fight it, I can't do anything against. My friends can't help me since they're also suffering by these sick people!

"Subject is ready, injecting serum." I try to turn my neck away when I feel the sharp needle enter the other side. A pointless action, I can practically feel the cool foreign substance flowing into me. Something I do not want right now.

I glare at the injector, fear boiling into anger that climbs higher and higher towards that jerk. I sneer at him, a man of research or not, he's going to pay for doing whatever the heck he just did for me. Then he's going into debt for whatever's happening to my friends.

My toes and fingers curl at the thought of them. Are they in a situation like mine? Are they all alone too? Axel and Petra should be able to handle it, Lukas maybe, but Olivia might break. She's a thinker, and still has pessimism traits, she won't be able to deal with this. And these bastards will pay for every laying a finger on them.

Fire suddenly runs rampant through my body and I jerk against the bindings, knowing I can't escape but unable to stop the impulses none the less. I glare at whatever sick scientist is closest to me, pain and rage twisting in my face as he just writes down notes.

Within a few moments my head pounds uncontrollably, as if thunder is going off all around it. Toasting any ability to form thoughts, only the urge to survive this. Only the need to fight through for my friends.

Something pokes my shoulder, sending seething pain deeper into me. I snarl and growl at the scientist, wanting just to tear into him for the horrid and devilish sins he's committing. Every ounce of raging agony fueling that desire more and more.

"Strong presence of inhuman reactions within a few moments. Shaping up to be a Tier 3 at least sir."

I scream and thrash against these accused bindings as my skin begins to sizzle. Burning torture engulfing all across body, my organs twisting into themselves as everything reaches a new height of pain. A new height of rage for these demons for ever inflicting such misery upon me.  

"He's going to be a Tier 4, I can feel it."

That vile voice sends ripples of fury throughout the storm of thunder and lightning and pain in my head. I want to just rip out his throat for saying such things about me as I'm suffering right here before him.

My back arches against the table as my bones snap and crackle, plunging me into a ocean of torment and agony. Waves upon waves of more bone snapping, more pain crashing down on top of me as the storm still screams furiously in my head.