Chapter 2: Jesse

Groaning at the sore pulse throbbing through my body, I force my eyes open. I don't know what happened, but judging by how I'm feeling and the complete silence around me, I'll say not good.

My very dull heart is kicked into beating faster as I look up. Dark, very dark in here. And it smells awful. If death was a real person, then this is what I imagine he smells like. A mixture of hopelessness and depression.

I send twitches all throughout my body, just to make sure everything's okay. That's when my semi alert brain notices where my arms are right now. Chained above me to some wall. Great.

Taking a deep breath, I still try to get up. Maybe I can get a better look, despite how freakin' dark it is in here, and figure out how to get out. That doesn't happen when chains rattle, chains binding my feet together. Even better. Now I'm chained to forever sit slumped against this wall.

What in the Nether has happened?

Air rushes through my lungs, my head snapping around in the pitch black room. Eyes wide but unable to see anything as I wish I could see my friends. My focus sharp on my ears just in case I can hear any of their breathing.

"G-guys? Anyone else awake?"

Nothing. The only noise is my own heartbeat and slight pants, if the chains aren't rattling anyway. My friends aren't here. I'm alone and chained and trapped. Who knows what could have happened to them.

If they're even alive that is.

Scowling at the air, I wish I could hit something. Kick, punch, anything really. I have no idea where my friends are right now, but I can't let myself believe they're gone. The last thing I remember is joking with them in the portal hallway before everything black. That's not the way the Order ends, it can't be.

Tears threaten to slip as my heart rapidly increases speed. They could be hurt, tortured, mind controlled, anything and I'm sitting here helpless! Even if I could get out of these chains I have no clue where they are. Only that they're also being held captive by these guys.

A piston door opens, my body jolting at the unexpected noise. The chains rattling as my eyes force shut, the daggers of light piercing my eyes. I mentally curse though when the doors shut again, relieving my eyes but my chance to see who enter has completely gone up in smoke.

"Sorry about the chains." My heart shivers at this man's voice, a voice I can't pinpoint with all the echoes in here. Making him seem everywhere at once. "I've heard you are quite difficult to keep down."

"You've heard right." A flash of relief goes through me when my voice didn't crack in the shear fear I feel right now. "And I swear to you that these chains won't keep me down forever."

The man laughs, a devilish laugh that makes me cringe, but his booming deep voice really just makes me tremble. "I know, in fact, I plan on letting you out of them. How else will your body be... useful?"

I couldn't help it, I flinch back at the word. Useful, he said it so much like P.A.M.A., like I'm some tool to be used and thrown out.

"You're not the first creepy dude I've taken down, you're living on borrowed time now buddy!"

"Aren't we all living on borrowed time? Every second that goes by won't come back, no human can live forever." A cold sweat breaks out on my forehead, all gut instincts are screaming at me that I want to be very far away from this man right now.

"But, depending on your behavior, I can cut the seconds your friends have so that they die tomorrow. Don't you want to extend their time?"

I thrash against the chains, fury blasting through my veins and driving out any fear. "Don't you dare hurt any of my friends!"