Chapter 19: Lukas

I breathe in sharply, cracking my reluctant eyes open. Everything's still really heavy, they did pump a lot of sedative into me, and I groan as I shuffle my limbs to a sitting position. Moving them over the rough obsidian floors of our cell.

When I sit up, moaning and rubbing my face, I finally taking a big deep breath.

And my heart stalls in horror when all I smell is blood. So much blood.

Olivia, the nauseating amount of blood coming from her folds my stomach, has somehow collapsed onto the bed. I can't any of her injuries, but she softly cries and moans even when she's unconscious. What did they do to her? Why was she punished?

Axel's limb on the ground next to her bed, perhaps he carried her onto the bed. He seems to have fared the best, or maybe I'm just inclined to say that because he's part iron golem now. But I'm willing to bet that even if he was just as bad, he somehow found a way to push through and get Olivia to bed.

With shuddering breaths I turn my head over to Petra. She's not awake either and she's kneeling against the bed frame, as if she was almost there. The smell of blood everywhere, engulfing my stomach. Making it twist and turn, and I would have definitely thrown up if I had any food in me.

I cover my nose, staggering to my feet with my legs still dull and heavy. The whip marks from my back sting, but I largely ignore them. I shuffle over to Petra, being as gentle as possible as I hoist her onto the bed.

I glance over at Axel, and I know that I'm not going to be able to pick him up. I would never be able to pick him up before this whole thing, and now he's iron. It's just not going to happen.

Regardless, I drag my limbs over there, bitterly hating the sedative. My friends helped me when I was tossed into here, so I'm going to help them. It's the right thing to do so my body better stop complaining because I'm not going to stop.

When I get over to Axel and Olivia, I first readjust Olivia to what I think is the best position for her. I'm going to assume that they also whipped or did something to her back. Although I still don't know what to do with Axel, I can't carry him but he shouldn't be on the ground.

I sigh, my brain buffering for a moment. Everything tilting and going out of focus, my arms hovering out to keep my balance. Rapidly blinking and shaking my head, I stop to regather my thoughts. I have to help Axel, not just needlessly standing around.

So I step in front of Axel's shoulders, planning on dragging him over to a bed. I really hope I don't wake him up or make any of his injuries worse. After what he has gone though, he needs to be in the best position he can be in. Although if I'm following that logic, I might as well say after what we've gone through we shouldn't even have deserved to get kidnapped in the first place.

Trying to wake up my muscles, I hook my arms under his shoulders and lift. I growl, mostly to keep myself focused on moving Axel and not any of the really heavy muscles or injuries that are grumbling at me. Within a few seconds though, I've dragged Axel beside a bed. Now I just got to get him onto it.

I flex my muscles again, trying to wake myself up. Dragging him was actually easier than I first suspected, but this time I actually have to lift him. How the heck am I suppose to that?

Perhaps if I move him to a sitting position against the bed frame, then hoist him up onto the bed. After that I could just swing his legs onto the bed and adjust as needed. Yeah, that's a good plan.

Although how to move him into a sitting position? I can't just yank on his arms, that would be horrendous painful if they clubbed his arms. I don't want to push his back, not if he was whipped. Perhaps pulling from his shoulders? Probably not the best, but the best that I can give though.