Chapter 29: Jesse

The branch I was perched on creaks as I shift my weight, climbing down the tree and back to the ground. That was already a super close call with Lukas, and when they reentered my room, I prayed that wouldn't look for me. I would have to run, and not only am I tired, but I would feel awful doing that.

A sad smile rests on my face as my inhuman feet hit the ground, I suppose I got what I wanted but that doesn't make it a good thing. If only I could control my monster enough not to hurt them. I've gotten better with it, able to handle it better, but that's all thrown out when other people enter the picture.

I shake my head, I can be sad and depressed later when I have a full stomach. I just need something to tear my teeth into then perhaps I can leave a message for my friends.

Nodding to myself, I set off. Just walking with no destination and only wanting to put some distance between me and the Order Hall. Although I doubt I'll be able to make a permanent shelter, maybe I could-

The soft bleat of a sheep ensnares my attention, and at once I'm running at it. All thoughts gone as the trees blur, and I break out into a clearing. The sheep rearing back and giving a cry before I pounce on it, claws cleanly cutting its neck.

I pay no mind to all the scampering and alarmed screeches of other animals, I only needed one. With the sheep now dead in front of me, I begin to eat. Savoring all the different organs and the delight of my stomach filling, and I'm even careful not to get blood on my shirt. I do get some on the broken chains clamped to my wrists, but that doesn't matter.

Once I'm done I leave the carcass to the wolves. I stroll away, a satisfied burp escaping me. Finally, after who knows how long, I'm able to finish my meal. I'm sure in that cage all those people wanted me to starve.

My monster growls viciously at me, new life back into it with the food. I can feel the rage boiling quietly inside of me, mostly my monster's but part of it mine. What those people are doing is vile and downright evil. They need to be stopped. Mark my words they will be, I'll put down their whole operation.

The thought of that devil man seeps into mind, and I snarl. The rage bursting out and I claw at the tree next to me, deep cut marks embedded into the trunk.

Taking a deep breath, I shimmer it back down. The monster becoming prickly at that, growling and seething in its rage against that devil man. It's purely mad due to what he did to me, and I'm mad to what he did to my friends and so many innocent people.

He needs to be taken down, there's no other way around it. All the rage warps into the thought of revenge, my monster almost viciously grinning inside me.

I tuck that thought away though, as I'm starting to get a wee bit thirsty. Which is kinda of puzzling, I haven't had any water for who knows how long. I suppose half of me is undead, so I guess I just don't need much water anymore? Or maybe somehow the demons were getting me to drink? It doesn't really matter now.

Shrugging it off and begin to look for signs of water. The monster, satisfied with my decisions I guess, slinks off. A smile slips onto my face at the insanity at it all. I consider it normal now, but if I ever mention that I communicate with a monster that only lives inside of me through emotions... well I get the feeling there would be a look of weird looks thrown my way.

My smile drips down into a frown, I wonder if my friends have monsters of their own. Since they're all together and seem to not have any problem with it, maybe they just have animals instead of monsters.

I groan, tilting my head back to the sky. I finally get to see my friends again and I couldn't even think about their well being. I suppose I was in a way, only because I was seriously scared I would kill them if I was too close. Which isn't exactly a good thing, quite the opposite.