Chapter 18: Jesse

My eyes snap open, heart already pounding inside my chest. The monster screaming and thrashing, ravenous in a primal rage and delirium. A rabid wolf that hasn't been fed for days trying to launch itself at the closest animal it can eat.

Looking up, groaning as I fight it off, the monster goes absolutely berserk at the sight of the devil in my cage. It takes control and bursts to get at him, and I don't even try to fight it down.

But I'm yanked back into the wall, my wrists burning as I continue to push against them. Roaring and screeching louder and louder as I fight to get to the blasted devil, a devil that must die!

"I wouldn't bother with that." I bare my fangs at him and scream at him, his every voice making my blood seethe inside me. "Those chains are the toughest ever created by man-"

I roar, silencing his words. I thrust all my strength into destroying these chains. I've already smashed through his cages so why not this too?

Only for my wrist and entire arm to wither in agony, the limb taking a terrible blow I never even saw. I screech and holler, glaring at the devil just standing there.

"And if you had let me finish, I would've told you that they're also enchanted with Smite V. Hate to break this to you, Leader of the Order of the Stone, but you're half undead now."

I internally shiver at his words, but growl at him. That's not even possible, or at least shouldn't be possible. But the monster screeches again, before fading away slightly and focusing on my arms. The significance of that doesn't get the attention it deserves when I'm still glaring at a devil.

I snarl at the truly vile demented man, opening my mouth to shoot something back at him. Only for shrieks and moans to resonate from my lips. That's right! This foul man took away my ability to speak!  

And that bastard actually smiles! "So don't even bother, they're immune to the wither and the human part of you couldn't even make the weaker chains creak before I transformed you. Although, because I've realized I need to take extra precautions around you, the chains have also been enchanted with Unbreaking and Sharpness."

For once, the monster and me are in complete sync about wanting to rip these chains from the wall. Just hearing him brag about how awesome they are just makes me want to do it even more.

"Although I can't even be sure how intelligent you still are, so I hope I'm not just taking to an animal."

I screech, yanking against the chains despite the burns. Wishing, wishing with every bone in my body to make him shut up.

"Of course, your memories must live on somewhere inside you. Since before you reacted when your friends were threatened."

All the fight in me freezes, my blood running cold. My friends, how could I forget about my friends? I have no clue what this insane, vile, demented devil has done to them!

"If the human part of you is dominate, which I'm beginning to doubt." I growl and snarl, rage lighting me up. "I suspect you'll be able to figure it out that if you lose control again, I'll punish them. And please stop with the noises now, I'm getting tired of it."

He sighs, as if he's the one with the rights to be annoyed right now. "Anyway, as I was saying, the fate of you and your friends are completely and utterly in my grasp. I have control of everything-"

I snort at him, obviously licking my lips. I may not be able to speak, but I'm still going to piss him off as much as I can.

His face crinkles into disgust, and I now feel a slight twinge in my stomach, the guilt of a cannibal. The monster makes that go away real quick, even creating a nice warm sensation at the thought of those men's gooey delicious organs.